VPJr Tuner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Axis BFR is awesome… but…

User Info Menu

I’d suggest checking out a Reflex or 25th Anniversary. They are wider at the nut and have more string spacing than an Axis, but are similar to an Axis. Slightly bigger body. Different but comfortable neck shape. Vintage trem or hard tail. Good luck!
    Starry Night LIII HH
    DuBaldo Blue LIII HH
    Bali Burst LIII HH
    some other LIIIs
    25th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by edhalen View Post
    So VERY cool to see another Tahitian Blue Morse HH owner!!! I absolutely LOVE mine! I put a set of SD Pearly Gates pups in mine and I'd argue there's no LP on the planet that can hang with it! I call it the "LP Killer" . If the OP can find one give it a try for sure!! I believe the neck carve on ours is the same as the Dark Lord - which if memory serves correct was a digital scan of one of Joe B's 59 LP's. Maybe a fellow knucklehead can confirm this. I thought I read that in our forums here a long time ago.
    The neck on the Tahitian Blue is indeed the same chunky neck found on the Dark Lord - a chunky neck originally made for a y2d that belonged to Joe Bonamassa. I don't know if it was based off of a scan of his '59 or if EBMM just made it extra chunky for him.
    Our exclusive color Diablo Blue is coming back in Summer 2021!
    DuBaldo Music's "Diablo Blue" !

^--- My Store --->
    DuBaldo Music on Facebook also on Twitter and on Instagram

Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    YELLOW 9 -- HeadSpace -- Romeo's Bleeding - Bon◆Jovi Tribute <--- My bands

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    The neck on the Tahitian Blue is indeed the same chunky neck found on the Dark Lord - a chunky neck originally made for a y2d that belonged to Joe Bonamassa. I don't know if it was based off of a scan of his '59 or if EBMM just made it extra chunky for him.
    Thanks for confirming that it was the same as the Dark Lord. I thought so.
    25th Anniversary Flame w/Trem SN G47750 DOB 10/13/09
    SBMM SUB AX4 Gotoh Trem Axis Pups Red Quilt
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

I truly lucked out on the Tahitian Blue Morse HH. I took a chance on it without playing one and feel like I hit the jackpot. It really does feel like my LP Standard...only with the killer EBMM neck finish.
    --
    2007 Axis SuperSport LE Blue Dawn
    2017 BFR Steve Morse HH Tahitian Blue #69 of 69
    2018 BFR Axis SuperSport Trans Light Purple #10 of 27
    2019 Luke III Firemist Purple
    2020 Luke III H-H Fuchsia Sparkle
    2020 Albert Lee H-H Fuchsia Sparkle
    2020 Cutlass RS Ghostwood
    2021 Sabre Pacific Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jlf599 View Post
    I truly lucked out on the Tahitian Blue Morse HH. I took a chance on it without playing one and feel like I hit the jackpot. It really does feel like my LP Standard...only with the killer EBMM neck finish.
    ....not to mention the killer quilt, binding job and SS frets . Change out the pups to the Pearly Gates if you want to take it over the top .
    25th Anniversary Flame w/Trem SN G47750 DOB 10/13/09
    SBMM SUB AX4 Gotoh Trem Axis Pups Red Quilt
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

I need one.