Volt Power Supply

Thread: This Doesn't Look Right...

User Info Menu

This Doesn't Look Right...

I know about EVHs but not a lot about the Sterling line.

This is for sale in the local marketplace. Seller says it's a Sterling but the headstock doesn't look right. And was this ever a factory graphic on the body? String retainer looks crooked and in the wrong place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This Doesn't Look Right...-sterling-jpg  

User Info Menu

I'd avoid it.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Interesting though! Might be authentic... we used to have a Sterling w/ a one-off graphic

Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Interestingly, this is replicating a pretty cool low-production (or maybe even it was like a qty 2 pieces made) Ibanez guitar from a while back. Check it (hope it's OK to post this non-EBMM here -- I'm not starting a thread about IBZ guitars, just sharing what they were trying to replicate). The IBZ one is actually different species of woods made into puzzle pieces and the edges of each puzzle piece are rounded so it's a 3-D textured top.

This Doesn't Look Right...-puzzle_ibanez_c-jpg

User Info Menu

that is a garage hatchet job avoid not affiliated with either company
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.