Majesty New Colors 2021
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Axis

User Info Menu

2021 Axis

"If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

Yucatan Blue Axis
    Black Sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

Man, I think they look great!

What's interesting is seeing it with black binding- looks like a Sport with a figured top. I guess I'm so used to seeing the outline of the guitar in white.

User Info Menu

Black binding taking a little getting used to .. didn't even notice that at first from the overheard shots on the site.

User Info Menu

I dig the black binding on roasted Amber!

User Info Menu

Totally! That black binding looks classy!
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fogman View Post
    Foggy, so which do you fancy? You seem pretty interested.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

The black binding is a subtle touch, but I like it. I notice the pickup rout is a bit different...the "Dimarzio: triangle cut is not as sharp. Are they gearing up to perhaps wind in house pups for the Axis? I have always much preferred the triangle cut to the square cut...a small detail that does speak to me.
    2013 SbMM AX30D Natural Quilt Maple (1 0f 1 2008 Prototype)
    2014 SbMM JP100D BKOA Vintage Burst/Koa FOR SALE
    2015 SbMM JP100D MKOA Vintage Burst/Koa FOR SALE
    2005 EBMM Axis Super Sport Rosewood Top/Rosewood Neck - Hardtail
    2019 SbMM Albert Lee - Trans Walnut...Now Olympic White - HSH Mod - Dimarzio Virtual PAF/FS1/Virtual PAF
    2017 SbMM LK100D LUKE - Black Metallic - Stock - Dimarzio Transition pups - Now has Liquifire/Crunch Lab set

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Foggy, so which do you fancy? You seem pretty interested.

Glenn |B)
    I've been wanting an Axis for many years. Should have grabbed one when they were plentiful and cheaper. lol
    The Roaster Amber is a big no for me. Don't like it at all.
    I do like the Yucatan; but as I was saying in the other thread, I won't blind order one as there is too much possible variance in the colour and tops. It will be the most expensive guitar I'll own, so I need to totally love the look of it.
    On the other hand, should a nice used beautiful one come along, I have no problem jumping on that.
    There's no rush on the purchase. I'm excited but patient.
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

Yucatan Blue Axis
    25th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fogman View Post
    I've been wanting an Axis for many years. Should have grabbed one when they were plentiful and cheaper. lol
    The Roaster Amber is a big no for me. Don't like it at all.
    I do like the Yucatan; but as I was saying in the other thread, I won't blind order one as there is too much possible variance in the colour and tops. It will be the most expensive guitar I'll own, so I need to totally love the look of it.
    On the other hand, should a nice used beautiful one come along, I have no problem jumping on that.
    There's no rush on the purchase. I'm excited but patient.
    Nice man, I completely understand the top call, that makes total sense.

Good luck, in your search. Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kingdoublecut View Post
    The black binding is a subtle touch, but I like it. I notice the pickup rout is a bit different...the "Dimarzio: triangle cut is not as sharp. Are they gearing up to perhaps wind in house pups for the Axis? I have always much preferred the triangle cut to the square cut...a small detail that does speak to me.
    They look a bit rounder, yes, but they also do on the Majesty and JP models, which use Dimarzio pickups. Those pickups are EBMM exclusive, and were custom voiced for the original EVH models. They are literally the reason I wanted to buy an Axis and Axis SS. It really wouldn't be an Axis without them.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask this, but does anyone know when Music Man typically releases a new lineup of BFRs? I was looking through the past BFR months, and it seems like we should have seen a new BFR lineup by now...?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thegregslife View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask this, but does anyone know when Music Man typically releases a new lineup of BFRs? I was looking through the past BFR months, and it seems like we should have seen a new BFR lineup by now...?
    I'm not sure about all the BFRs in general as they seems to randomly release them.
    But they did say a while back that there would be some BFR Axis offerings around December.

Yucatan Blue Axis
    25th Anniversary

User Info Menu

Who knows. But given the recent refresh of the product lines, I could see them holding out for a while.

User Info Menu

According to Dargin the plan as of Feb of this year was two production finishes (just released) and two BFR's "at the end of the year". Source - Axis Finishes being discontinued? New ones requested here?
    25th Anniversary Flame w/Trem SN G47750 DOB 10/13/09
    SBMM SUB AX4 Gotoh Trem Axis Pups Red Quilt
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

Something to note which I haven't seen mentioned is that the Roasted Amber Axis has a roasted top.

Also, the next BFR is at the end of this month! Cutlass HSS, Bongo 5, Stingray Special 4, and Stingray guitar. September and December are the next two for the year. There will be only one Axis now in the December launch.
    "Scott Moreno"