Volt Power Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Considering my first EBMM purchase- Albert Lee

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spudmurphy View Post
    As one of the founding members of the ALOC (Albert Lee Owners Club) I felt obliged to add my 2d.
    It's interesting that you mention the EVH - I had one, a hardtail, for quite some time. I fell out of love with it because of an issue with the neck - too narrow resulting in the E string "coming off" the side of the fret board. I've had 3 Alberts (i still own two) and once I bought my first one in 2005 I have never looked back. You can see the specifications in my signature.
    The necks on The Albert, Axis and Silo are very similar, and for me the Albert is one of the best guitars I have played (I've played for almost 50 years).
    I'd say get the trem version. As has previously been mentioned, if you don't want to use it pull out the handle. It can be set up to float too a la floyd, without all the associated metalwork. The classic trem on the Albert knocks spots off Fenders Trem imo
    A lot of people, on playing an Albert have not turned back. - I'm one of them.
    Very nice! I hope to gain membership to this club ASAP! I appreciate the insight and know that I'll be really happy when I get one. Hopefully soon!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Jason View Post
    I'd suggest you don't buy hard tail! The trem is too fabulous not to have one. And it looks better

I'm not opposed to one with a trem, if I come across one. Right now, I think I'm gravitating towards finding one that does not need work or parts replaced. I'm hoping to follow up with the owner of the '94 pink burst and seeing if we can work out a better price than 1600. If not, I'll move on to a lower cost option, even if it means getting some pickups swapped (not a big deal, as I'm really handy with a soldering iron and work on all my own guitars and tube amps).

Edit: Just got off the phone with a current seller and it looks like I'm closing the deal on that '94 pink burst (photos in post #27). I'll keep you guys posted, as it'll be several days to ship across the US.
    Last edited by skhan007; 08-12-2021 at 02:55 PM.

User Info Menu

Sweeeeeeeet
    Host of The Pop Society Presents... "Nashville Skies" - Live on Radio Free Matlock - Every 4th Thursday of the Month at 7pm UK Time, or Catch up on Mixcloud

https://www.mixcloud.com/radiofreema...april-22-2021/

https://radiofreematlock.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter @nashvilleskies

User Info Menu

"Edit: Just got off the phone with a current seller and it looks like I'm closing the deal on that '94 pink burst (photos in post #27). I'll keep you guys posted, as it'll be several days to ship across the US."

Congrats! Can't go wrong with an older pinkburst!
    I got lucky and found a smokin' deal on a 2016 pinky a couple of years ago. Not sure exactly why, but it's got the 'sweetest' voice of all my AL's...

Can't wait to see pics of yours after it arrives!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

My favorite body style of all time. It is so Jetsons! Stunning collection.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    "Edit: Just got off the phone with a current seller and it looks like I'm closing the deal on that '94 pink burst (photos in post #27). I'll keep you guys posted, as it'll be several days to ship across the US."

Congrats! Can't go wrong with an older pinkburst!
    I got lucky and found a smokin' deal on a 2016 pinky a couple of years ago. Not sure exactly why, but it's got the 'sweetest' voice of all my AL's...

Can't wait to see pics of yours after it arrives!
    Thanks! Your's is a BEAUTY! Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, barring any complications, so I'll definitely post a NGD thread.

Mine comes with a plain white guard that is autographed by Albert. I'll likely take the guard off and put it in the case for safe keeping. I'm then considering a pearloid guard like yours or maybe black or tortoise w/ black pickup covers and knobs. I'll definitely be interested in opinions on this.
    Last edited by skhan007; 08-17-2021 at 01:18 PM.

User Info Menu

Personally I like black pickups with that colour scheme