VPJr Tuner

Thread: My neighbor’s EVH

User Info Menu

My neighbor’s EVH

-d3e94004-0bae-4ffe-a85a-09bcc8d57f5a-jpg

I was talking to my neighbor about Edward and he told me that he has an old EVH guitar under his bed. He let me borrow it for about a month and it is so incredible. My neighbor is not a player, but rather a super huge fan of Van Halen. He bought this guitar in the 90s on a whim and just simply keeps it under his bed as a collectors item. I wouldn’t call it a time capsule, but something similar. I changed the strings and set it up for him. Sounds like 1 million bucks through my Suhr SL67. I really dig the pristine and unfaded purple. It literally has not seen the light of day.

User Info Menu

Yah that's awesome!!!!

Usually they are faded beyond belief. That one is a total keeper!!!!

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Wow!!!
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Yah that's awesome!!!!

Usually they are faded beyond belief. That one is a total keeper!!!!

Glenn |B)
    Hey, how did you get the image to be so large vs. the little thumbnail in my original post? Still learning the ropes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skhan007 View Post
    Hey, how did you get the image to be so large vs. the little thumbnail in my original post? Still learning the ropes.
    You gotta understand those interwebs man. I tend to host my pictures on imgbb.com and then display them here. I understand html, so I get the code, I'm been around since the dawn of the Interebs, hahahahahahahaha.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Simply beatutiful, It is rare to see these guitars so well preserved, even more so with this purple top

User Info Menu

Check out NJ Guitar and Bass Center… they have THREE!
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lifeson1 View Post
    Check out NJ Guitar and Bass Center… they have THREE!
    When the site says "call" for price, that means "you can't afford it." LOL.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skhan007 View Post
    When the site says "call" for price, that means "you can't afford it." LOL.
    Yeah. They do however have some Axis's, and a 25th anniversary. Looks like someone cashed in their EBMM collection, or put it on consignment. However, they look like they still have the original hang tags???
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck
    2021 Stingray RS Pacific Blue Sparkle / Maple FB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    Yeah. They do however have some Axis's, and a 25th anniversary. Looks like someone cashed in their EBMM collection, or put it on consignment. However, they look like they still have the original hang tags???
    Yeah,I believe they are the owner’s who has kept them under wraps for all these years. My feeling is that with the pandemic, EVH’s passing, and slowed business- this was the right time to sell. His shop is about half an hour from me, and I know he is an EBMM dealer .
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Jeff needs to grab all of those!
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Astrofreq View Post
    Jeff needs to grab all of those!
    Naw... I checked them out when I saw @lifeson1's post above, but my purples, pinks, blues and natural are all nicer than those.

And, of course, the one that started it all (albeit pretty faded now and not the best top):

User Info Menu

Anytime Jeff posts something, it's the equivalent of an EBMM 'Mic Drop' - lol.

IN fairness to those EVH at NJ G&B, his photos are ALWAYS terrible. In person, most of the offerings are usually a lot nicer.
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Ha! So true.

User Info Menu

Sorry... didn't mean to do that.

IN fairness to those EVH at NJ G&B, his photos are ALWAYS terrible. In person, most of the offerings are usually a lot nicer.
    Hmmm, do you think he has all the EVH's on display?