VPJr Tuner

Thread: Missing whammy bar tension screw on Majesty?

User Info Menu

Missing whammy bar tension screw on Majesty?

I got myself a Majesty a few months back and not long after I had got it I was adjusting the tension screw that keeps the whammy bar from dangling. Next thing I knew the tension screw was gone. I must have screwed it in too much and I think it fell out. I tried searching for it but it was basically like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. Any advice on how to make my whammy bar stay in place? Or does anyone possibly know where I can get a screw of that size to replace it? Earnie Ball doesnít sell replacements as far as I know. Itís quite frustrating, as Iím sure you could imagine lol.

User Info Menu

I just measured the screw from my Cutlass (I don't know if it's the same or not, but I my guess would be yes).

It's an M3 grub screw, 3 mm wide, 3 mm long, 0.5 mm thread screw pitch, 1.5 mm head.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Awesome thanks for measuring that for me! I did some digging online and it appears that I’ve found the same screw. All the dimensions including the pitch seem to be right. Care to verify for me?

Here’s the link:
    Buy M3 x 3mm Cup Point Set / Grub Screws (DIN 916) - Stainless Steel (A2) | Save 95% | 500,000+ Components | Accu(R)

User Info Menu

Perfect!
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Awesome. Thanks a ton for your help! I appreciate you!