JP 20th Anniversary

Thread: Back in the EBMM Family Again Dargie Delight 2 25th Anniversary!

User Info Menu

Cool Back in the EBMM Family Again Dargie Delight 2 25th Anniversary!

Well, I am back on the EBMM bandwagon. After selling my old 25th anniversary and Dark Lord to pick up some vintage pieces, that I don’t even have anymore, I’ve come back full circle.

I'm always surfing Reverb looking for a 25th when but haven't found exactly what I was looking for. But imagine my surprise when I’m at Waffle House, about midnight, before heading to work in order to get a few things done with no one around…and I find that EBMM now has a Reverb Vault Store, with a Gold/Green 25th Anniversary. (Yes, Dargie Delight 2)

My head almost exploded, Ebony Board, Abalone/MOP inlays with a COOL finish! So I dropped a message asking about the provenance, because when this one is gone I’ll be in the dirt, and found out it was 1/1. Then a few more questions, I know I wore SOMEBODY out before finally pulling the trigger. Come to find out it was not only 1/1 Dargie, but also was a 25th Anniversary made in 2010, so probably the last before the name changed.

It came in yesterday, I had to do a little tweaking due to the severe difference in humidity between AR and San Luis Obispo but what a KILLER piece. Beautiful, great playability, and monstrous tone!
    I also got thought it VERY cool that Scott himself signed the COA.

Hopefully these pics show how awesome the finish is. Even my two daughters love it.

I would like an opinion...thoughts on converting everything over to creme? I'm getting some creme rings and trem/switch tips either way, just to have them.

Luke
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back in the EBMM Family Again Dargie Delight 2 25th Anniversary!-20-neck-jpg   Back in the EBMM Family Again Dargie Delight 2 25th Anniversary!-20-jpg   Back in the EBMM Family Again Dargie Delight 2 25th Anniversary!-20-bout-jpg   Back in the EBMM Family Again Dargie Delight 2 25th Anniversary!-20-top-jpg   Back in the EBMM Family Again Dargie Delight 2 25th Anniversary!-img_5198-jpg  

Last edited by Luke Duke; 09-02-2021 at 12:51 AM.
    25th Anniversary January 8, 2010 Dargie Delight 2 From the Vault

Gone but not forgotten...
    25th Anniversary May 6th, 2009
    Steve Morse Dark Lord May 6th, 2013

User Info Menu

Wow that's awesome congrats!!! That neck is sick.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Big congrats! That's a very nice piece
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

Yucatan Blue Axis
    Black Sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

Great find! The birdseye on that neck looks wonderful.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.
    Irish/American in Paris

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Click here for my Music Man photo albums

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Opinion? Once in a lifetime score! Both DD1 and DD2 are coveted collector instruments.
    As far as modding, two ways to look at it:
    1- being it's a true unicorn, don't change anything...
    2- being it's your guitar, do what you want with it...
    Personally, I figure rings and such that are easily returned back to stock are a pretty safe mod.

*I was fortunate enough to adopt a DD1 AL (the only one built in this particular config) some years back. The stock p/g is signed by Albert, so I swapped in an aftermarket p/g to save the signature...

Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Nice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    Opinion? Once in a lifetime score! Both DD1 and DD2 are coveted collector instruments.
    As far as modding, two ways to look at it:
    1- being it's a true unicorn, don't change anything...
    2- being it's your guitar, do what you want with it...
    Personally, I figure rings and such that are easily returned back to stock are a pretty safe mod.

*I was fortunate enough to adopt a DD1 AL (the only one built in this particular config) some years back. The stock p/g is signed by Albert, so I swapped in an aftermarket p/g to save the signature...

Holy crap!

That looks AMAZING!!!

What kind of soap SR’s are they, MM?

Luke
    25th Anniversary January 8, 2010 Dargie Delight 2 From the Vault

Gone but not forgotten...
    25th Anniversary May 6th, 2009
    Steve Morse Dark Lord May 6th, 2013

User Info Menu

Albert Lee MM90 w/ piezo
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Very cool guitar! Congrats!
    ---------------
    Axis SS Semi-Hollow in Diablo Blue
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Cutlass RS in Charging Green
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

Nice! And, it's about time you got back in the game! You did it in fine form, sir!

User Info Menu

Fantastic piece!! Personally, I dig the black trim on it.

User Info Menu

Very nice score! Congrats

I leave it black all Reflex I have seen with cream (limited GC run) we’re not really n’y cup of tea
    EVH Hardtail Red 1995
    Axis Sport SSS Trem Transparent Purple 1998
    Axis Sport MM90 Trem Transparent Orange 1999
    Axis SS Hardtail Piezo Honeyburst 2007
    Albert Lee MM90 Hardtail Dargie Delight 2007
    Bongo 4HH Stealth 2007
    BFR 25th Anniversary Venetian Red burst 2009