VPJr Tuner

Thread: NGD: EBMM Axis Trans Orange - 2007

User Info Menu

NGD: EBMM Axis Trans Orange - 2007

Just scored this beauty last week and took delivery on Friday. It looks like it was put in the case new and never played. Zero fret wear and zero marks anywhere on the guitar that I can find. Plastic still on the plastic covers on the back. Neck still has that nice smooth wax/oil finish feel like they do when they're new. Unbelievable. Of course plays and sounds insanely good just like an Axis should. Arrived in perfect intonation as well which was a bonus. #verylucky. Pics:

EDIT - so I just figured I'd change the volume knob back to the plastic white - stock color. All I have is Tone knobs which works Anyway, I pull off the old one and what do I find? Push pull pot! Front coil of bridge pup, both inside coils, back coil of neck pickup. Some nice single coil tones!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NGD:  EBMM Axis Trans Orange - 2007-axisorangesmall1-jpg   NGD:  EBMM Axis Trans Orange - 2007-axisorangesmall2-jpg   NGD:  EBMM Axis Trans Orange - 2007-axisorangesmall4-jpg   NGD:  EBMM Axis Trans Orange - 2007-axisorangesmall5-jpg  
    Last edited by edhalen; 09-13-2021 at 10:24 AM.
    25th Anniversary Flame w/Trem SN G47750 DOB 10/13/09
    SBMM SUB AX4 Gotoh Trem Axis Pups Red Quilt
    EBMM - a guitar like no other.
    Even we mancave noodlers can appreciate the perfection that is an EBMM guitar.
    "one likes to believe in the freedom of music..."

User Info Menu

That top is HOT!!!
    A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Very cool!!!!
    [SIGPIC[/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by edhalen View Post
    Just scored this beauty last week and took delivery on Friday. It looks like it was put in the case new and never played. Zero fret wear and zero marks anywhere on the guitar that I can find. Plastic still on the plastic covers on the back. Neck still has that nice smooth wax/oil finish feel like they do when they're new. Unbelievable. Of course plays and sounds insanely good just like an Axis should. Arrived in perfect intonation as well which was a bonus. #verylucky.
    Man, that is gorgeous! I found a SuperSport version of that but didn't move fast enough.

Congrats!
    --
    2007 Axis SuperSport LE Blue Dawn
    2017 BFR Steve Morse HH Tahitian Blue #69 of 69
    2018 BFR Axis SuperSport Trans Light Purple #10 of 27
    2019 Luke III Firemist Purple
    2020 Luke III H-H Fuchsia Sparkle
    2020 Albert Lee H-H Fuchsia Sparkle
    2020 Cutlass RS Ghostwood
    2021 Sabre Pacific Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Oooh, I like that! I know they're not everybody's cup of tea but I'm a sucker for a matching headstock.

User Info Menu

Rock orange... score!
    Balls are Best!!

User Info Menu

Love that color!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by loocnmad View Post
    Oooh, I like that! I know they're not everybody's cup of tea but I'm a sucker for a matching headstock.
    Same here. If its not matching then its a deal breaker for me.
    2010 Axis Super Sport BFR Bahama Blue Burst Rosewood fretboard

You only have 12 notes, what you do with them is up to you - Edward Van Halen

User Info Menu

Congrats!!! Envious! Haha.
    I've always wanted an orange Axis since seeing a Steve Sevens video some years ago.
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

Yucatan Blue Axis
    Black Sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

Great color. When I bought my trans gold Axis Sport back in 2004 the dealer also had the same gtr in trans orange. Wish I pulled the trigger on it too.
    2007 EBMM JP6 Mystic Dream w/piezo, matching headstock, dot inlays
    2002 EBMM Axis Sport Trans Gold, hum/hum, matching headstock, trem
    4 other non-MM gtrs