Majesty New Colors 2021

Thread: Reflex/25th Anniversary Story

User Info Menu

Question Reflex/25th Anniversary Story

I've been searching and looking and reading and searching, and looking and reading...but I've never found the story of where the ideas for 25th/Reflex came from. I've got a buddy that is back looking at EBMMs for the first time in years since I've jumped on the bandwagon and during our discussion earlier today I realized I had no idea about the history of the model and/or its innovations.

The only think I know is that the tone block concept started in the 20th anniversary Silo. To my knowledge there haven't been any other chambered bodies, especially basswood.

So, lay it on me. If there's a youtube I missed or a thread I'll devour it! My guess is that BP is going to have to answer.

Thanks!

Luke
    25th Anniversary January 8, 2010 Dargie Delight 2 From the Vault

Gone but not forgotten...
    25th Anniversary May 6th, 2009
    Steve Morse Dark Lord May 6th, 2013

User Info Menu

Hi Luke,

Big fan of the 25th like you - its been my fave EBMM and guitar for many years

Over the years I've tried to do a deep dive into the story of the model, but off the top of my head, this was a very interesting thread started by BP: Jan 5 Update 25th GUITAR PREMIERE new pix

Pics are missing, but top notch info.

Cheers
    Balls:

2018 Stingray Guitar - Stealth
    2017 JP6 - Starry Night
    25th Anniversary - Venetian Red
    2001 Silhouette Special - Las Vegas Gold

User Info Menu

Man, I HATE that the pics are missing from that thread.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart View Post
    Man, I HATE that the pics are missing from that thread.
    Yah they are from Photobucket. Not a very good place to host pictures anymore, but at the time was top notch.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmun View Post
    Hi Luke,

Big fan of the 25th like you - its been my fave EBMM and guitar for many years

Over the years I've tried to do a deep dive into the story of the model, but off the top of my head, this was a very interesting thread started by BP: Jan 5 Update 25th GUITAR PREMIERE new pix

Pics are missing, but top notch info.

Cheers
    Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by GWDavis28 View Post
    Yah they are from Photobucket. Not a very good place to host pictures anymore, but at the time was top notch.

Glenn |B)
    Yeah, I have/had a monster photobucket acct that became WORTHLESS. It makes me so sad.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Duke View Post
    Yeah, I have/had a monster photobucket acct that became WORTHLESS. It makes me so sad.
    I moved all mine out and now use IMgBB.com. You can download the photobucket images to you computer and then upload them to another site.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Well, I never turn down the chance to show off my 1-of-a-kind Reflex.

This is an older pic without the anodized blue knobs and pickup switch, but the rest still looks the same.

A S T R O F R E Q . C O M

Axis Hardtail TransPurple #89749 (3/28/97)
    Reflex Classic White #G71108 (7/14/14)
    Cutlass
    StarryNight #G79870 (12/14/16)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Astrofreq View Post
    Well, I never turn down the chance to show off my 1-of-a-kind Reflex.

This is an older pic without the anodized blue knobs and pickup switch, but the rest still looks the same.

My post didnít go through!

Tell me about it!!