EB Tone Squad
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Majesty 8 String

User Info Menu

I tried my best to get my hands on one of these as soon as I heard the news, but upon doing so, the order got stuck in the cart without any luck! I do certainly hope that the limited Majesty run is just that, a limited run and a future JP8 are offered for the rest of us. Great job, Sterling, Drew, and the rest of the EBMM team!

User Info Menu

I'd Love to see a JP7 like that, but i'd use the 9th or 7th Fret for the parallel fret, the first fret looks pretty uncomfortable. I've also got a Strandberg with the fanned frets and the 7th Fret seems to be much more natural, but i guess they went with JP's preference
    Music Man JP7 PDN 2012 Honey Roasted #F20403
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2013 Emerald Green Sparkle #G68213
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2014 Neptune Blue Roasted #G71474
    Music Man JP6 PDN 2016 Starry Night #G77086
    Music Man Bongo 5HH PDN 2015 Vintage Tobacco Burst #F44860

User Info Menu

Hoping to get one of these at some point. Maybe an “Untethered Angel” BFR version one day? (Like the Crescendo Bongo). Hey, I can dream, right????
    1992 EBMM EVH
    Valentine Lava Burst
    *Insert Majesty 8 String Here*

User Info Menu

Meh, guess obviously there is a market but does not move my needle. As Dimebag said if you cant play 6 why do you need 7 ( or 8 in this matter)

User Info Menu

Super stoked to see the continued evolution of the JP line. As a dream theater fan, I can’t wait to see how John utilizes the extra range on the next album. I was fortunate enough to get my order in before they sold out.

The limited quantities really put the pressure on me. (Great marketing and business sense from EBMM)

Do you guys think the majesty 8 will be available down the road to more customers? If so, do you think they will continue the limited quantity each time? I guess it would make sense seeing as how 8 string guitars are perhaps the most niche instrument in the market.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    I'd Love to see a JP7 like that, but i'd use the 9th or 7th Fret for the parallel fret, the first fret looks pretty uncomfortable. I've also got a Strandberg with the fanned frets and the 7th Fret seems to be much more natural, but i guess they went with JP's preference
    I second this, it would be rad if they explored bringing the fixed bridge to the majesty 6&7.

User Info Menu

This is wild- it's really a step in a new direction, and a bold step for MM to take!

No idea if I can play something like that- but I would love to try it out one day. (Assuming a regular production model eventually happens.)

User Info Menu

I haven't ever been a regular here, but I *have* read sterlings responses about not being a custom shop and what not. There's a part of me though that would love to see some of the 8 strings features make their way to the other Majesty and JP lines. Fixed bridge, fanned Frets, etc.

I could be way wrong, but that'd be pretty cool.

User Info Menu

Got my order in as soon as it went up - the page says "Ships within 4 months", so I assume I'll have to wait a bit, can anyone comment on if it'll actually be sooner than that?
    2013 JP7 BFR Emerald Sparkle
    2013 JP6 Mystic Dream
    2014 Majesty Sapphire Blue
    2017 Majesty 7 Arctic Dream
    2018 Majesty Monarchy Imperial Blue
    2019 Majesty BFR Charred Silver
    2021 Majesty 8 Mystic Dream #32/100

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1psc View Post
    Got my order in as soon as it went up - the page says "Ships within 4 months", so I assume I'll have to wait a bit, can anyone comment on if it'll actually be sooner than that?
    I got an email from UPS this morning saying mine is being delivered to me in Spain next week! I think there were about 60 of the 100 left when I ordered, so on that basis I guess there was a decent amount of stock.

So, the next thing (having categorically ruled out buying one in my earlier post in this thread) is learning to play this beast!! I have been looking at some of YouTubes that Tosin Abasi has put up - he is a genius, and way beyond what I could achieve but inspiring all the same. I would happily pay for a professional course of lessons but I haven’t found anything thus far.

Aside from that I am super excited!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S View Post
    I got an email from UPS this morning saying mine is being delivered to me in Spain next week! I think there were about 60 of the 100 left when I ordered, so on that basis I guess there was a decent amount of stock.
    There was 45ish when I placed mine, holy hell I'm hype now! (And I live in SoCal, so I would think its basically next day shipping!)
    2013 JP6 Mystic Dream

User Info Menu

I've already seen quite a few people post theirs on Facebook. They're great looking guitars.

User Info Menu

Mine has arrived!

[IMG][/IMG]

Considering I am in Spain and I ordered it just eight days ago direct from Ernie Ball Musicman, I am seriously impressed. I got number 35 out of 100.

No doubting it is a thing of beauty - I am really looking forward to trying to get my head around playing an 8 - my "thing" is writing, recording and producing albums of my own material and the new addition WILL feature on the next one! One day I would like to post a video to prove it :-)

I've never had a six string lesson in my life - anyone know of any online resources for getting a head start on an 8?!

User Info Menu

Well that's just killer. I'm assuming it arrived in standard F# tuning?
    2013 JP6 Mystic Dream

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1psc View Post
    Well that's just killer. I'm assuming it arrived in standard F# tuning?
    Yes indeed.