VPJr Tuner

Thread: Sterling Mariposa vs. Sterling Albert Lee

User Info Menu

Sterling Mariposa vs. Sterling Albert Lee

Hey all, currently looking at the Sterling Mariposa and the Sterling Albert Lee and trying to figure out what the major differences between the two are going to be. Obviously, they're both HH; what are the major spec differences and the noticeable tonal differences? What would each be better suited for? Thanks in advance.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STVEnjoyer View Post
    Hey all, currently looking at the Sterling Mariposa and the Sterling Albert Lee and trying to figure out what the major differences between the two are going to be. Obviously, they're both HH; what are the major spec differences and the noticeable tonal differences? What would each be better suited for? Thanks in advance.
    The Mariposa doesn't have a tone knob, it's 2 volume knobs. I don't own either of the Sterling models, but I do an EBMM AL and just love the AL. I know the Sterling model is a bit different that's for sure.

Mariposa | Guitars | Sterling by Music Man

Albert Lee - Sterling by Music Man

Hope this helps, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Thanks for the response! Another question I have is how both guitars might compare to the Sterling St. Vincent HHH model.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STVEnjoyer View Post
    Thanks for the response! Another question I have is how both guitars might compare to the Sterling St. Vincent HHH model.
    Different beasts. The ST V has the 3 mini humbuckers, going to give you a different sound, unless your looking at the HH model. I'm getting they are all pretty close, but I'd recommend checking out Youtube reviews and listening for yourself, or going some place to try them out.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"