JP 20th Anniversary

Thread: SBMM neck plate screws

User Info Menu

SBMM neck plate screws

Hi, I purchased a used SBMM Cutlass. One of the neck plate screws was snapped off and glued in place - a bit of a surprise for me, the others show some wear. I contacted SBMM for help they informed me that the screws are the following:

1.5mm threading and are 44mm long with a 8mm head

SBMM suggested I contact my local Long and McQuade here in Canada. They don't have them. Does anyone know where I can purchase 5 chrome plated screws in Canada with the above measurements? This is turning into a treasure hunt. Big box stores don't carry them.

Thanks for any help

User Info Menu

Maybe SBMM gave the wrong information? Here is a comparison of a fender screw, Phillips oval head #8 1 3/4 inches compared to a SBMM

Maybe a #6 head?

SBMM neck plate screws-img_20210928_070408-jpg SBMM neck plate screws-img_20210928_070327-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pspguitar View Post
    Maybe SBMM gave the wrong information? Here is a comparison of a fender screw, Phillips oval head #8 1 3/4 inches compared to a SBMM

Maybe a #6 head?

SBMM neck plate screws-img_20210928_070408-jpg SBMM neck plate screws-img_20210928_070327-jpg
    Do you have a thread gauge? If not go to the hardware store and get one they are super cheap and a great thing to have on hand.

Stew-Mac, had these.

Neck Attachment Screw - StewMac

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in the first Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [2001 NAMM piece, 1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [NOS Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR with the 12th fret logo]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!! @ 6:00"

User Info Menu

Does it need to be exact? I'd take one of the screws, do your best to match the thread and length, and replace all of them (so they match).

If you're still stuck, try one of the more industrial suppliers like Brofasco.

User Info Menu

The StewMac screws are the Fender specs unfortunately.

User Info Menu

Canada has a hard time stocking Chrome plated steel screws with a Phillips oval head. This seems to be a USA more mainstream type screw. I may need to try Fastenal...but likely they only carry stainless steel and won't have the chrome heads. Some think not a big deal, but on a metallic paint job I want it to shine haha...5 screws 5 days of searching haha