Everlast
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54

Thread: ANy LUKE owners here?

  1. #31

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by tommyindelaware
    anyone remember lp records ??????
    Okay, okay.. I'll admit it. I remember LP records. I still own a few in fact, but I have no turntable on which to play them!

    Mostly they are autographed.. I have 2 Queensryche albums signed by all 4 (original) members of the band. I have Vinnie Moore's autograph on a "Mind's Eye" album, I can't remember what else..
    JP6 Pearl Redburst
    Y2D Purple Sunset
    Dargie Delight (1) Bongo H
    Majesty (6 string) Glacial Frost

  2. #32

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB
    Okay, okay.. I'll admit it. I remember LP records. I still own a few in fact, but I have no turntable on which to play them!

    Mostly they are autographed.. I have 2 Queensryche albums signed by all 4 (original) members of the band. I have Vinnie Moore's autograph on a "Mind's Eye" album, I can't remember what else..
    Am I not right in thinking there were 5 members in Queensryche?

  3. #33

    User Info Menu

    The only decent songwriter in the band quit years ago to work a 8-5 job. His name was Chris Degarmo.

  4. #34

    User Info Menu

    jimmyp,

    Wow.. my mind is really slipping away! Of course there were 5..

    Tate, Rockenfield, Wilton, DeGarmo, and Jackson.

    I even pictured the back cover of "Rage for Order" in my mind when I wrote that last post.. and it has one member in each corner and Geoff Tate in the middle. (Like the number 5 on a pair of dice).

    Thanks for the correction!
    JP6 Pearl Redburst
    Y2D Purple Sunset
    Dargie Delight (1) Bongo H
    Majesty (6 string) Glacial Frost

  5. #35

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Devnor
    The only decent songwriter in the band quit years ago to work a 8-5 job. His name was Chris Degarmo.
    He is a great songwriter - that's why I'm glad he contributed to their last album - Tribe. great album and those guys always play cool gear (not EBMM unfortunately)

  6. #36

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Devnor
    The only decent songwriter in the band quit years ago to work a 8-5 job. His name was Chris Degarmo.
    I agree, although Geoff Tate did manage one decent song on his solo album. It's a track called "I can't Let you Go" or something. I haven't listened to it in a while.

    Scott Rockenfield is no slouch though... has anyone heard his album with (guitarist) Paul Speer? I think it's called Hell's Canyon. I have it at home, too.. great instrumental album, and good listening for a road trip.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst
    Y2D Purple Sunset
    Dargie Delight (1) Bongo H
    Majesty (6 string) Glacial Frost

  7. #37

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB
    I agree, although Geoff Tate did manage one decent song on his solo album. It's a track called "I can't Let you Go" or something. I haven't listened to it in a while.

    Scott Rockenfield is no slouch though... has anyone heard his album with (guitarist) Paul Speer? I think it's called Hell's Canyon. I have it at home, too.. great instrumental album, and good listening for a road trip.
    Rockenfield is one of the best drummers in the business (cue a long series of threads about drummers...) I've seen Queensryche live a few times and they are a great band- I reckon DeGarmo and Wilton influenced how my brother and I played together more than anyone - their MTV Unplugged was awesome and gave us a whole new direction in our playing

  8. #38

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyp
    Rockenfield is one of the best drummers in the business (cue a long series of threads about drummers...) I've seen Queensryche live a few times and they are a great band- I reckon DeGarmo and Wilton influenced how my brother and I played together more than anyone - their MTV Unplugged was awesome and gave us a whole new direction in our playing
    I have that "Unplugged" on CD as well!

    It's an import from Italy, and the production ain't so great, but it's got live, acousitc versions of:

    The Lady Wore Black, The Killing Words, I Will Remember, and others..

    I would have bought it just for "The Killing Words", which is my favorite 'Ryche song (from "Rage for Order").
    JP6 Pearl Redburst
    Y2D Purple Sunset
    Dargie Delight (1) Bongo H
    Majesty (6 string) Glacial Frost

  9. #39

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by chanminator
    i just put a downpayment on a ebmm luke and was wondering if any of you guys own one and can tell me more about this axe?...
    I don't mean to be a total rim-job but shouldn't you be finding out about the axe before you put money down? I'm sure it's great. Enjoy it.

  10. #40

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by CudBucket
    I don't mean to be a total rim-job but shouldn't you be finding out about the axe before you put money down? I'm sure it's great. Enjoy it.
    He explained that he was in Singapore and that the distributor doesn't keep them in stock. It seems as if he has tried the guitar already, but given his location, not as extensively as he wished.

    Besides, many people want a bit of reassurance after they have put a bit of money down hoping that they have made the right decision. It's like buyer's remorse before the fact.

    Terry
    Terry Hayes
    Auralex Acoustics

  11. #41

    User Info Menu

    Yeah I get it. I didn't realize he was in Singapore until after I posted.

  12. #42

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by CudBucket
    Yeah I get it. I didn't realize he was in Singapore until after I posted.
    Great! now you just have to explain 'rim-job' to someone from another continent...
    JP6 Pearl Redburst
    Y2D Purple Sunset
    Dargie Delight (1) Bongo H
    Majesty (6 string) Glacial Frost

  13. #43

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveB
    Great! now you just have to explain 'rim-job' to someone from another continent...
    Is that the pacific rim?

  14. #44

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyp
    Is that the pacific rim?
    Hahhahaha... .I hadn't even thought of that. Very clever.. you witty Irishman!
    JP6 Pearl Redburst
    Y2D Purple Sunset
    Dargie Delight (1) Bongo H
    Majesty (6 string) Glacial Frost

  15. #45

    User Info Menu

    haha i tried a luke couple of years back... and posed as a buyer for another guy's luke to try it again before putting money down for it... ( sorry man..if you readin this )

    but i couldnt live with a luke blue...

    i needed a white luke with matching white headstock.
    ARGH!! its been barely a week and im still anticipating!!! i thought this eagerness would wear off by a week...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums