BFR October 2019
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ANy LUKE owners here?

User Info Menu

ANy LUKE owners here?

i just put a downpayment on a ebmm luke and was wondering if any of you guys own one and can tell me more about this axe?...

User Info Menu

It' s a great guitar. nuf said.

What do you want to know about it?

Scott.
    Limited edition True Gold Luke On order - For a third time, thanks Colin
    Dargie Delight II Luke with matching headstock Once again, thanks Colin.
    Ernie Ball BFR Luke (Bahama Blue) AWESOME - Thanks Colin.
    Ernie Ball Luke 1 (that blue color)
    Rivera Knucklehead
    Rivera Bonehead

http://www.guitarplanet.com.au/ Australia's best Musicman dealer.

User Info Menu

nah .. basically i was introduced to this forum by another friend.. who also ordered a musicman with me...we are both in singapore. and our local distributor doesnt stock the guitars... so we kinda ordered em without fully getting to try em out intensively.

but we are both very optimistic!

in this forum i see alot of Axis and petrucci model owners.. but little luke owners..so i decided to ask about it.

well i got myself a white luke with matching headstock!!! i hope it looks as good as on the website!

any problems with your luke at all??? even tiny ones???

User Info Menu

No problems.
    In my opinion, the Luke is the most user specific.
    Some don't like the necks as much as the other EBMMs.
    I don't own one so I can't say too much!

User Info Menu

yea..i realised.... im asian so my hands are slightly smaller... yet the luke neck still feels so small at the first fret that it seems like a mid-scale guitar... and not 25.5

very comfy guitar for me to play.... the SLVs are also very smooth... love em.
    i just hope mine turns up with no problems... eg neck ...trussrod....etc... my friend's jpm7 had a nasty finish crack hope its only for that particular model.

ERNIEBALL if you guys happen to be working on a WHITE LUKE for SINGAPORE!!! PLEASE make it beautiful!!!

User Info Menu

I have the Luke II with piezo in butter cream. I love it!!!! Best guitar I have ever owned. I like strat style guitars though. I also like 12" radius's and EMG's so it seemed like a perfect choice. I can see where the neck shape would be a love it or hate it kinda thing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chanminator
    yea..i realised.... im asian so my hands are slightly smaller... yet the luke neck still feels so small at the first fret that it seems like a mid-scale guitar... and not 25.5

very comfy guitar for me to play.... the SLVs are also very smooth... love em.
    i just hope mine turns up with no problems... eg neck ...trussrod....etc... my friend's jpm7 had a nasty finish crack hope its only for that particular model.

ERNIEBALL if you guys happen to be working on a WHITE LUKE for SINGAPORE!!! PLEASE make it beautiful!!!
    I have big hands and the Luke is very comfortable to play, l love small necks, you'll be happy with yout purchase, it is a greta guitar.

Scott.
    Limited edition True Gold Luke On order - For a third time, thanks Colin
    Dargie Delight II Luke with matching headstock Once again, thanks Colin.
    Ernie Ball BFR Luke (Bahama Blue) AWESOME - Thanks Colin.
    Ernie Ball Luke 1 (that blue color)
    Rivera Knucklehead
    Rivera Bonehead

http://www.guitarplanet.com.au/ Australia's best Musicman dealer.

User Info Menu

wow the buttercream is beautiful.... i couldnt get it so i chose the white.... abit to the "gay" side i suppose... but oh well .. it looked like heaven on the website...

thanks scott for the encouragement... i feel more at ease now...

User Info Menu

i got one too......the neck is GREAT. i lucked out & found one w/ a very flamed neck and headstock.
    they look better than the photos........
    i use to break d strings alot on it....til i sanded the saddle silky smooth w/ 600 grit....then 1000 grut sandpaper (sand across the saddle....not longways) ....and started putting big bends nut sauce lubricant on the saddle. also helps in the nut slots to stay in tune better.......
    i also recomend sticking w/ ernie ball strings on it....
    tommy in delaware
    (renegade redneck hillbilly geetar player )
    life 's what happens while your busy makin plans
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tommyalderson/

User Info Menu

I got 3. Love them all. One (blue dawn 2002) has a neck noticeably smaller than the other 2. It's the most comfortable for me of the 3.

White will look great with the black pickups and knobs. Good choice.
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

User Info Menu

haha thanks man ... i CANT WAIT.

but i have to... cus a good guitar takes time...

about 3mths..

User Info Menu

I have a black sparkle w matching headstock. I only changed the bridge pup to an 81 because I hate 85's. I'm not a big fan of EMG's, but they sound great in this guitar.
    Steve

User Info Menu

I like the Luke, comfortable in my hands and easy to play!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

the luke is my favorite...!!!
    black sparkle single coils beast.

User Info Menu

I love my Luke. I could probably manage just fine if it was my only guitar (well, except for country because it is hard to do fake pedal-steel bends with a floating trem). But, it is a versatile guitar that you will love. My current Luke is the 2nd one I have owned and I have had no problems with either of them.

Terry
    Terry Hayes
    Auralex Acoustics