Straps 2020
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New EB Prototype

User Info Menu

New EB Prototype

Thought some of you ballheads might like to see a prototype given to me by the factory. I did some consulting work for Big Poppa. We were going to launch this, then the big guy changed his mind. So I got it. Anybody guess what it is?

Note the neckthrough, compensated nut, extended headstock, controls mounted inside the body and just poking through the top and SUPER THIN body, etc.
    BB
    Last edited by Ballbuster; 07-02-2005 at 10:07 AM.

User Info Menu

Oh, I'm in lurve!

Is it a Dweezil Zappa signature axe? An Albert Lee II? I don't care - I want one! I want one! I want one!!

I WANT ONE!!!

really

PS - headstock pic please!

User Info Menu

oh yes, look at those dings on the body, I think it's new EBMM's patent. Great paint job
    Vintage Sunburst EBMM Silhouette Special

User Info Menu

My guess is it's an John Paul Albertrucci Morsadden signature model.
    Steve Morse Starry Night
    Luke 3 HSS - Black
    Majesty Starry Night

User Info Menu

headstock

Sorry
    Here is the headstock

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ballbuster
    Sorry
    Here is the headstock
    Tease... I want to see the FRONT of the headstock!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi D
    Tease... I want to see the FRONT of the headstock!
    Are you doubting that it's an authentic Arnie Ball Musician guitar?
    Steve Morse Starry Night
    Luke 3 HSS - Black
    Majesty Starry Night

User Info Menu

Hey, that wouldn't be the original Axis prototype, would it? The one that went to '85 summer NAMM? I've read descriptions of it and know the AL was eventually derived from it, but I've never seen a pic...
    Last edited by Jimi D; 06-30-2005 at 03:17 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bowks
    Are you doubting that it's an authentic Arnie Ball Musician guitar?
    Considering all the official sources we have on this forum to confirm a whole bunch of things it would be somewhat odd to post this if it were fake.

Given that Mr. Baker had a stint at MM I can see this being logical for that reason in addition to any other R&D reasons might be present.

I would be suspicious because the fretboard doesn't look very MM (big dots, etc.), the paint, and the bridge. Plus the lack of a picture of the front of the headstock despite the request.

Pre Petrucci prototype pics would have really had people questioning this with the neck through thing, but that doesn't really exist as a suspicion point now.

I'll be very excited to see where this thread goes. There are a lot of neat things about that guitar concerning MM's future if it is real

User Info Menu

This is a real deal baby.....those arent dings it is lint from Ed's desert white carpet. Gene Baker had nothing to do with this prototype. I was planning on involving Gene but it didn't work out. This was an original commision for my personal use that changed drastically. I wanted a neck through gibson scale Albert Lee with a bigsby and mahogany body in trans red finish. IT morphed into a pretty cool and modern guitar. When John Petrucci coincidentially asked for a shorter scale mahogany neck through we were ready.

The is a design poduct of Dudley, myself and the Rookie Drew Montell who did the bulk of the work on this bad boy.

remember if you aren't trying new things you are going backwards. I asked Ed to post this. Ed is a brilliant guy that happens to love our guiitars. correct me if Im wrong but you have seen biff babies too, right?

User Info Menu

That is F'n gorgeous!!!!

I was going to guess the 2044 Razcaster prototype!

User Info Menu

that's pretty dope

User Info Menu

I love it!!

Seeing prototypes always gives me the chills.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

That's cool. I had a feeling that JP's prototype was in someway connected to the neck through thingy there. lol.

Why the bigger dots? Preference or just to see how it would look?

Now, we must see the front of that headstock.... I've been itching to see it since I first saw this thread. lol.

I just want to say again (I have said it before haven't I? ). It is way cool that you guys at Music Man post and give us all this great information and sneak peaks at protos etc. At most boards we would just have been left comparing the suspicions to the possibilities for months before someone finally found a way to confirm or deny the information, if they ever did.

Thanks a bunch for what you do.

User Info Menu

Now I want one even more!!!

really...