Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Petrucci and Poppa

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drewbixcubed
    Hey there everyone! I wanted to chime in on a bit of a personal note.

I've got to tell you all, that working with people like BP, JP, Dudley, Jon (x2: Gitarz and Watkins), and everyone else in the EB family is an incredible experience. Yesterday was a great day for everyone involved, and I am glad that we are able to share it with all of you via the EB/MM Forum.
    my guess is yesterday was just a taste of how awesome the open gouse is gonna be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i finially played enough gigs for the plane ticket ..and my y2d......
    tommy in delaware
    (renegade redneck hillbilly geetar player )
    life 's what happens while your busy makin plans
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tommyalderson/

User Info Menu

Again... too cool. Thanks JP, BP and everyone for doing that. I'll say again too, if you ever have need of a Canadian computer geek for various computer geek related tasks... I'm your man. I'd love to be part of a company as down to earth and friendly as EB is. You guys make other companies look bad, in a good way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa
    "Awesome. How'd you do that?"
    -JP
    Dang it! JP asks me a question and I'm not there to answer it?!?? Arghhh!!

Well, actually, I can't take credit for it. I shipped it to a guy named Herc Fede out on the east coast. He was one of the guys who did some of the original swirl work for another guitar manufacturer. For a while, he was doing it for the public too. He stopped a little while ago. I never found out for sure why. Heard rumors he got really sick. Then I think someone hijacked his domain name, so his website is no longer there. Pity - had some great looking stuff.

Anyways, I sent it to him and he did all the work. Used special glow paints and everything. The clear coat finish is amazing too. Quite a pice of art, actually. Even installed glowing side fret markers for easier play in the dark! Hope he's doing okay these days. Well, enough rambling.
    Greg

2010 HH AL
    2001 MM90 AL

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z DB4

User Info Menu

I'd just like to add my thanks to BP, John, and Casey for this thread. Great job guys - there's a ton of good info here. I'm looking forward to the open house!

PS: Casey, you did know I was kidding when I picked on your typing early on, right? You did a great job, and thanks again for taking the time to do this!!!

MikeVt
    2016 PDN Starry Night Cutlass (Natural Headstock)
    2010 Barolo JPX (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2007 Bahama Blue Sparkle Back BFR Luke (GC Exclusive)
    2007 Blue Dawn LE JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2006 Dargie Delight I Luke (No Piezo, Natural Headstock)
    2005 Sapphire Black JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)

User Info Menu

You know, aside from the infinite thanks from all of us, this place (if you can call it that) really is the coolest.
    I mean it's one thing for the BP to actually participate in the forum. It's another that Jon, and the others who work for EBMM do also (maybe Dudley in the future?). It's another that it's fun!!
    But when I sit back after letting all this sink in, and think that we all on some level had a cyber conversation with JP, that is the coolest!!!
    I really wish I could say I'd be going to the open house, but it doesn't look like it's happening for me this year.

Thanks again to BP, JP, Casey and everyone who makes this the best guitar forum ever!!!

User Info Menu

Must've been a ball at the Ball household last night, with the dictating, cooking, uke lesson.

Thanks to all from me as well
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kbaim
    <bla bla bla /> uke lesson.
    you guys catch this uke thread/video? its awesome: http://www.ernieball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8879

User Info Menu

Smile Hi John...Baltimore show?????

I met you two years ago after the show at the Peir 6 Pavilion in Baltimore (the two police officers). Tell Mike sorry about the country and western band joke. Thanks again for the chat. Are you guys coming to Baltimore????

Here is my demo if interested:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/cooldave/songs

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buccheri
    I met you two years ago after the show at the Peir 6 Pavilion in Baltimore (the two police officers). Tell Mike sorry about the country and western band joke. Thanks again for the chat. Are you guys coming to Baltimore????

Here is my demo if interested:

http://www.garageband.com/artist/cooldave/songs
    Dude, Jon's done answering questions here, and I'm pretty sure that he's not reading this forum.

Sorry, Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

I cannot get over how unlucky I am. Ok having to miss various concerts, Download 2004, Download 2005 etc. etc and I've finally gotten over the fact I cannot go to An Evening With for the Octavariumin the UK in October but to miss this forum opportunity has bought me almost to tears (well no really, I am a man...) . Although my holiday to New Zealand was good fun.

But anyway a few thanks for JP,
    1. for introducing me to Musicman guitars and associated products
    2. for making the rest of my CD collection redundant (apart from my Dregs, D Purple, Metallica albums etc. I won't get too picky). It's weird having paid over 100 quid for DT, JP etc albums, doesn't everyone agree.
    3. for being professional as a musician, staying focused and sober etc on stage, which is good and respectful and sounding bloody awesome
    4. for making me more interessted in song writing both musically and lyrically. I find myself pushing harder to write more interessting pieces
    5. the list goes on, I shalnt bore people

I don't want to sound like I'm sucking up too badly, although technically I am (damn this typing business), but you have been an enormous inspiration so thanks. If you ever want to come and do a small guiar clinic or large DT perfomance anything on the small island I live on, I will happily set one up for you (I say with optimism). I'm sure all 65,000 of the population will thrive to come and watch.
    Musicman Black (HH) Silhouette [trem-less]
    Marshall JCM 900 100W [H/C]

If it's worth doing, it's worth OVERdoing! - Paul Gilbert

User Info Menu

What an awesome thread!

Hats off to EB crew!
    Main Axe: Ernie Ball, Music Man, John Petrucci Signature

User Info Menu

If posible I would like to ask 2 questions conserning the new EBMM proto:

1.- Why no more scoop (one of my favourite features of my EBMM JP), and on the same topic, is the new scoop better?

2.- I thought people mentioned the pick up "retainers" affected the tone on a negative way, I guess that was just a rumour?

Those are my main questions, and props for petrucci for doing awesome music, actually one of the reasons why im now studying music 100%...

Well I hope those can be awnsered, sorry didnt read all the pages before my post hope its not a repost.

User Info Menu

Nooooo.... I just found this thread died . Oh well...

User Info Menu

can you tell me about vintage MM Stingray model by serial number.

User Info Menu

Maybe you could try creating a new thread for your question and I'm sure soemone will be able to help. This thread is a sticky and has been inactive for months now and was dedicated to an online interview that John Petrucci did with Big poppa for all of us.
    2006 Dargie Delight Luke
    2005 Ltd Edition JP6 with Piezo in Buttercream
    2000 Trans Gold Standard Quilt Axis
    2006 Ibanez PGM 301
    Custom made EVH Frankenstrat
    Custom made SRV Number 1
    Ibanez Jem 777DY
    Feed your obsession...Hear your obsession...choose Ernie Ball Musicman...