Ernie Ball CRNR Slash
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Petrucci and Poppa

User Info Menu

I have a quick one regarding the neck-thru prototypes... (very cool looking guitars, btw)... Are you keeping the same neck shape on these 24.75" scale guitars as is found on the current Petrucci production model?

User Info Menu

YAY!! How appropriate -- my EBMM JP guitar should be arriving today!

User Info Menu

John,

Will Jordan be joining you at the Open House for some possible duets ala An Evening with?

Just wonderful stuff. Great advert. for the piezo equipped guitars!
    KEITH
    FAMOUSLY SNARKY SINCE 2003

User Info Menu

Hi! John,

How do you run your piezo system (direct to PA, stereo input, etc.)? It sounds great on the "Budokan" CD/DVD set.

Thanks for "Rock Discipline," "Wild Stringdom," and the JP7. My JP7 Buttercream LE is the best guitar I've ever played/owned.

See you at the Detroit clinic!

User Info Menu

What a great opportunity! Mr. Petrucci:
    1.) Are you going to be using the baritone guitar more live, is it still a doubleneck?
    2.) As asked before too, any chance of an 'Evening With' Dream Theater leg for the US tour?
    3.) Octavarium was such a pleasant surprise coming from Dream Theater, I'm a picky SOB and I absolutely love it, start to finish, just like the solo album. Thanks for still putting out incredible stuff!
    ~Adam Bilz
    ~Adam
    www.myspace.com/brookfield
    Music that's fun again!

User Info Menu

Another question or 2 if you don't mind.

When you are composing something by yourself, do you have an idea of what the other instruments will sound like? Or do you just leave it up to them?

Also, at what point do you bring new ideas to the group? After you've worked them out a bit or when the ideas materialize?
    KEITH

User Info Menu

JP: After so many songs you have written or collaborated on, is it harder now to come up with new material?

JP: Why do you think your music isn't played on the radio as much as we feel it should be? Do you or the band try to get more radio play?
    EBMMless

User Info Menu

When I open GP magazine every month I am always delighted to see the Ernie Ball ad right inside the front cover. I wish there were ads for the guitar inside the magazine so I could say, “I’ve got one of those” or more importantly, “I need one of those”. When I see the ad for the EB radio I think how cool, but why do I want to tune in. The answer made itself obvious today. Its events such as these. Getting the people like Mr. Petrucci in front of the people (ie guitar playing freaks) that want to see him. I know BP is a busy man and all but there is enough personality there that people would love to hear him push his products. (Like the hair club for men, he’s not just a member he’s also the president.)
    This is a way super cool event that will have positive aspects for all parties involved. This event and others like it would certainly be worthy of scheduling and posting in national magazine ads. That’ll get the kids to tune in. In the event that this is the only one of these kind of things or if there are more in the future, I am glad I am a part of it and thank you Sterling and all involved for making this happen.
    Ground Breaking
    Enough of the butt kissing and on to the questions.
    JP
    1. Can you talk about the process involved in order to get a one off type of guitar ie your double neck.
    2. a. Will there be any clinics or events in Tucson Friday?
    b. If the answer is no (which is acceptable) Would you like to drop by the house and jam for a while? (Again, No is an acceptable answer)
    3. While your in town, is there somewhere I could get you to sign the tremolo cover for my Rare Sparkly Burnt Apple Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci with matching headstock shield inlays and piezo equipped Model? Or should I wait for the open house?
    93 Silhouette 96 Silhouette Recovered!2007.8.3 99 Silhouette Bass Guitar 00 Steve Morse 02 Sterling 02 Petrucci 02 Silhouette 04 Bongo 04 S.U.B. 05 Steve Morse Y2D 06 Silhouette 06 Petrucci 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 07 7 String 10 Honey Burst Silhouette 11Black Sugar Silhouette 12 Ash Floyd Silhouette

User Info Menu

non guitar related question;

what's your favorite movie

guitar related;

how high does john keep his action?
    "...Mr Nut, the kind hearted manager here, convinced me that to make a living by publicly displaying my deformity lacked dignity.... So now I carry other people's luggage."
    -Vincent Schiavelli, X-Files episode 2X20, "Humbug".

User Info Menu

Geez...I get back just in time! This is THE forum which no one can surpass!

John and Big Poppa.....I have no questions, just a reply....

Thank you both for your dedication to music, guitar playing and guitar/bass/string manufacturing! JP you inspire me to play daily (I have your Rock Discipline DVD and it is KILLER!) and Big Poppa, because of your products and how great they are, makes me practice during the little bit of free time that I have!

THANK YOU THANK YOU and again.....THANK YOU!

"Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

A WISE AND RESPECTED MAN TOLD ME:

"Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

User Info Menu

John,

(1) Watching you play makes me tired because I cannot believe how much/fast you are playing. Your songs are longer than the average son. Obviously you would be quite tired after a show. How often do you need to just walk away and not look at a guitar for a while?

(2) Aside from yourself, who is your favourite guitarist and why?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

John -

Would you like to get your hands on my glow-in-the-dark JP model? Yes, it really does glow in the dark!
    Greg

2010 HH AL
    2001 MM90 AL

Dr. Z Stingray
    Orange RV50
    Dr. Z DB4

User Info Menu

Norm wanted me to ask you, Who smells the best...Sterling, Jon smith, or Dudley?
    KEITH

User Info Menu

Have you given any thought to adding any additional features to your signature series such as a plasma screen or retractable fishing rod?

paul

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything I can ask that would help me play any better. John's ability is just so far above mine that any advice would be pointless. I'm not worthy!

In all seriousness, thanks for the great music, inspiration, and for being an all around nice guy (from all I've seen and read). Are you looking forward to meeting all of us at the open house? I promise not to drool on your amazing hands....

MikeVt
    2016 PDN Starry Night Cutlass (Natural Headstock)
    2010 Barolo JPX (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2007 Bahama Blue Sparkle Back BFR Luke (GC Exclusive)
    2007 Blue Dawn LE JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2006 Dargie Delight I Luke (No Piezo, Natural Headstock)
    2005 Sapphire Black JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)