Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Petrucci and Poppa

User Info Menu

Can you ask John if the "Evening with" show was video taped?

(its an all time favourite and love to see you two guys doing it).

In fact a Petrucci/Rudess gig in London would be fine.

and "big up" to BP for doing things like the Open House and this.

Dave

User Info Menu

John,

I got your solo album recently and I think it's great.

1. How did you come to work with Dave LaRue, and how did you like working with him?

2. The song "curve" sounds like a nod to Satriani. Was that purposeful, or just the way the melody/rhythm came out?

User Info Menu

Hey! First post here.

John you're my number one inspiration man! Thank you!

John, I have just have two questions, I was wondering what gear you used on your solo album, and on the Liquid Tension records.

Thanks,
    Josh

User Info Menu

Hey John,

In some of the new tour photos you're seen playing with the DiMarzio Drop Sonic pickup. Obviously you're using it for drop tunings since that's what it's designed for, but have you considered using it for standard tunings as well? I've been using mine for standard tunings since they came out (a recommendation from Steve B at DiMarzio himself) and I think it's absolutely amazing for thickening up the sound of a basswood body guitar.

Also, I know pretty much every single rhythm track off of your album "Suspended Animation" (including harmonies) so if you decide to tour with those songs and need a backing guitarist I'm available Cheers and thanx for an amazing show on 7/24 in Irvine!!!!

User Info Menu

For John,

Any thoughts on what your set will be at the Ernie Ball Forum Open House?
    Balls..... everywhere!

User Info Menu

my dad lets me drive the car on Sunday's

Quote Originally Posted by kbaim
    Norm wanted me to ask you, Who smells the best...Sterling, Jon smith, or Dudley?
    Careful John it's a trick question. Keith already told me the answer he derived from imperical data.
    93 Silhouette 96 Silhouette Recovered!2007.8.3 99 Silhouette Bass Guitar 00 Steve Morse 02 Sterling 02 Petrucci 02 Silhouette 04 Bongo 04 S.U.B. 05 Steve Morse Y2D 06 Silhouette 06 Petrucci 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 06 20th Anniversary Silhouette 07 7 String 10 Honey Burst Silhouette 11Black Sugar Silhouette 12 Ash Floyd Silhouette

User Info Menu

Big Poppa and John Petrucci - do you think that this "live answer @ 8" will reduce the number of questions at the Open House round-table?

I can't wait!
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

My question...

John...
    1. what is your the biggest musical dream?
    2. do you have a nightmare? for example you have to play to the end of your life without EBMM guitars or play country only?
    3. how do you think, your EBMM signature guitar could be improved, if yes, what do you would change or improve?

Thanks

User Info Menu

John,

No questions for you I just wanted to thank you for inspiring me to play, practice, and learn more on guitar.

User Info Menu

Hmmmm.....has anyone else noticed how many lurkers have come out of the woodwork since this thread started? Hey guys, welcome to the party!

MikeVt
    2016 PDN Starry Night Cutlass (Natural Headstock)
    2010 Barolo JPX (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2007 Bahama Blue Sparkle Back BFR Luke (GC Exclusive)
    2007 Blue Dawn LE JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)
    2006 Dargie Delight I Luke (No Piezo, Natural Headstock)
    2005 Sapphire Black JP6 (Piezo, Inlays, Matching Headstock)

User Info Menu

Hey John,

First, I'd like to thank you and Big Poppa for your signature guitar... I own an EBMM and an OLP version with plans of buying more when money permits..., and for your music. I have had Octavarium in my car CD player for weeks now ... truly an inspiring disc!

I've got 2 questions for you,

Who would you consider to be the biggest influences on your song-writing and guitar playing?

If you could name any 3 artists you would jump at the chance to perform with, who would they be and why?

Thanks,
    James

PS: can't wait to catch your clinic in Detroit and Gigantour the next day!
    Last edited by kneeoh; 07-27-2005 at 09:27 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jongitarz
    Tonight at 8:00 Pacific time, BP and JP (Sterling and John Petrucci) will be here online, answering questions for you all. Go ahead and start posting questions, and they will get to as many as they can. Some won't get answered, but they will do their best to get to as many as they can.

Is this forum awesome, or what?
    i love the control of tone that comes from being able to alternate pick & pick every note. it seems to me that string crossing is the most frequently avoided.... & most difficult aspect of picking every note w/ any amount of speed.
    was string crossing something you could always do.....or did you have to work on it specifically....& do you have any suggestions on how to master it.

p.s. . y'all should market that whammy system....... i think it's far & away the best on the planet. when poppa builds me my morse type one offs......i want one w/ your trem,
    thanks....& the best to you both !!!!!
    tommy in delaware
    (renegade redneck hillbilly geetar player )
    life 's what happens while your busy makin plans
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tommyalderson/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tommyindelaware
    i love the control of tone that comes from being able to alternate pick & pick every note. it seems to me that string crossing is the most frequently avoided.... & most difficult aspect of picking every note w/ any amount of speed.
    was string crossing something you could always do.....or did you have to work on it specifically....& do you have any suggestions on how to master it.

p.s. . y'all should market that whammy system....... i think it's far & away the best on the planet. when poppa builds me my morse type one offs......i want one w/ your trem,
    thanks....& the best to you both !!!!!
    Agreed! A 7 string Morse Y2D with the famous Petrucci bridge...ok so I hope John starts answering from the begining Afterall we're from the same homeland...Giovanni, comme stai?
    Most People Turn and Laugh When I Tell Them I Only Have 1/32" to Play With

User Info Menu

You are my inspiration!

Hey Mr Petrucci!

Let me jsut say, you are the reason i play guitar, whenever i'm feeling down or feel depresseed i always listen to your solo CD and Dream Theater CD's and it just takes me away and i love it!

My question is, can i have your hands and your guitars and your gear?!?!?!

Nah, just kidding around, i don't have any questions for you, i just wanted to say that you are my inspiration and i'm gonna work extra hard in hopes of having 1/100th of the skillz you have!

-Erik Hopwood

User Info Menu

Hey JP! Before asking my question, I would like to thank you for being one of the biggest inspirations in my life. You have changed the way I listen to and play music, and I could never go back, nor would I want to. Like many people my age (17) I consider you my mentor, and every day I play, I look to you for inspiration, thank you! I will soon have the pleasure of seeing you, and the rest of the DT Gang on the GiganTour stop in Orlando August 6th (I can't wait!) but damn those platinum tickets for selling out before I could buy one!! lol

Anyway.. My Question: Do you ever find the time to listen to unsigned projects? And if so, have you ever taken an extreme liking to any of them? If you have, let me know where to send my tape, lol.

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions...you're the man