Majesty New Colors 2021
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Petrucci in concert

User Info Menu

John Petrucci in concert

I had the privilege of seeing John Petrucci with Dave Larue last night. Both Simon and I ended up being seated front row with John right in front only meters away. That new JP is phenomenal, anyone that has doubted that project should give themselves an upper cut. Unbelievable sound and looks awesome! Special thanks to Simon for shouting me a ticket, you're a good friend. Bring on the BFR!

User Info Menu

colin

glad you liked the petrucci proto......the benefit of the doubt is a valuable tool!
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Can't wait to see it and hear it for real.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple (Sold); Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

Was Dave playing that Red Bongo?

tk
    It is all fun.
    Cliff Hugo fan #1

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tkarter View Post
    Was Dave playing that Red Bongo?

tk
    He played a medallion gold HH Bongo for the JP set and for Satriani and played the blue dawn HS and red Bongo. I may have the names of the colors wrong but you get the gist...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    That new JP is phenomenal, anyone that has doubted that project should give themselves an upper cut. Unbelievable sound and looks awesome!
    I second that comment. What a beautiful guitar. It was amazing how good it looked and sounded, especially when compared to the other brand of guitars on show last night.

Petrucci was killer as you would expect. LaRue was a machine, I've always been a big Sheehan fan but last night LaRue was all over him.

I remember looking at the Petrucci and thinking to myself how lucky we are to have the team at EB making such beautiful guitars, guitars that we can walk into a shop and buy, knowing that it's just the same as these mega stars own guitars.

All of you guys in the rest of Aus that are waiting to see them - enjoy. It was well worth it. My only disapointment was that they didn't do a clinic here in Brisbane, that will be an amazing experience for you.

Simon

PRS 20th Anniversary Single Cut - Violin Amber Sunburst
    Gibson ES335 - Vintage Sunburst
    1963 Fender VI Bass - Vintage Sunburst
    1979 Tokai Love Rock - Lemon Drop
    Fender Stratocaster - Sunburst

User Info Menu

What are the specs on this new prototype??? It does look outstanding, it also looks like the carved out part where the arm rests is not there like on the original JP's.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

He played a medallion gold HH Bongo for the JP set and for Satriani and played the blue dawn HS and red Bongo. I may have the names of the colors wrong but you get the gist...
    Let me get this straight, The mighty Dave Larue played with JP and then had something left in the tank to play with Satch as well! I must say that must have been an awesome sight to see. oh yeah don't rub it in that you were in the front row as well. Hope you enjoyed it,I know I would have.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KpBasser View Post
    Let me get this straight, The mighty Dave Larue played with JP and then had something left in the tank to play with Satch as well!
    Oh, not to mention that he played bass for the All-Star jam at the end too.

Simon

PRS 20th Anniversary Single Cut - Violin Amber Sunburst
    Gibson ES335 - Vintage Sunburst
    1963 Fender VI Bass - Vintage Sunburst
    1979 Tokai Love Rock - Lemon Drop
    Fender Stratocaster - Sunburst

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jvision View Post
    What are the specs on this new prototype??? It does look outstanding, it also looks like the carved out part where the arm rests is not there like on the original JP's.
    It's there, but it's not nearly as pronounced.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple (Sold); Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

User Info Menu

Hi Colin,

Glad you had a great time seeing Petrucci live, a mate of mine wanted me to go, but nothing but instrumentals all night = snooze fest, maybe if they had a bar or something l might of gone.

I had tickets to go see Petrucci/LaRue clinic here in Melbourne, but didn't go, as l've been flat out at work, and l couldn't be bothered driving to the other side of the city, I wanted to see Dave Larue play, but not a really big fan of Petrucci, and not really interested in his playing.

Scott.
    Limited edition True Gold Luke On order - For a third time, thanks Colin
    Dargie Delight II Luke with matching headstock Once again, thanks Colin.
    Ernie Ball BFR Luke (Bahama Blue) AWESOME - Thanks Colin.
    Ernie Ball Luke 1 (that blue color)
    Rivera Knucklehead
    Rivera Bonehead

http://www.guitarplanet.com.au/ Australia's best Musicman dealer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slukather View Post
    Hi Colin,

Glad you had a great time seeing Petrucci live, a mate of mine wanted me to go, but nothing but instrumentals all night = snooze fest, maybe if they had a bar or something l might of gone.
    I think the appeal of G3 for many is the short sets (45 mins each). I'm not a Dream Theater fan but after seeing JP, Dave Larue and of course a EBMM prototype it was well worth it. JP doing his solo music is definitely worth checking out...

User Info Menu

I think the appeal of G3 for many is the short sets (45 mins each). I'm not a Dream Theater fan but after seeing JP, Dave Larue and of course a EBMM prototype it was well worth it. JP doing his solo music is definitely worth checking out...
    I dig some of DT's music, but JP's solo album wasn't to my liking, so there was really not point going. Plus l'm not interested in instrumental music, l'd rather hear singing than some dude shredding over the top of a perfectly good song.

Scott.
    Limited edition True Gold Luke On order - For a third time, thanks Colin
    Dargie Delight II Luke with matching headstock Once again, thanks Colin.
    Ernie Ball BFR Luke (Bahama Blue) AWESOME - Thanks Colin.
    Ernie Ball Luke 1 (that blue color)
    Rivera Knucklehead
    Rivera Bonehead

http://www.guitarplanet.com.au/ Australia's best Musicman dealer.

User Info Menu

did any other Aussie forum members attend?