Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When will we see the M Steels?

Of course! Can't wait to hear what you think. It'll be the first review on the forum (unless somebody else beats you to it)!
    An Irishman in Paris...
    2005 LE Buttercream Silhouette Special

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info
    Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticman13 View Post
    I just received my jp6 last week and the shop got a few packs of m steels! I left with the first set out of the shop as a thank you! The will get on the guitar this week!
    Any one want me to come back with a review?
    Hi. I would be very interested in a review. Thanks.
    ^v^

Awesome, I read earlier on Twitter they are available.
    Can't wait to try them!

East Freetown, Massachusetts, United States
    Just ordered a few sets, looking forward to trying them out.
    1994 EBMM EVH (Trans Gold)
    2009 EBMM Axis (Black Magic Crystal)
    2013 EBMM Axis (Black Cherry Burst)
    2016 EBMM Luke III HH (Bodhi Blue)
    2016 Suhr Classic Pro HSS (Sunburst)

www.facebook.com/wiredrocks

I have a nickel allergy and currently use Ernie Ball stainless slinkies because of much lower nickel content. Are these M-steels going to replace the stainless? Also, I'd be interested in the percentage of nickel content in the M-steels, including the plain strings. I don't know what the nickel content is for the stainless, but I can use them without rash breaking out. Is it possible the plain strings are the same for both M-steels and stainless? Would like to try these new M-Steels.

Hey savemenow,
    great question! The M-Steel and Cobalt Slinkys are both great candidates for players with nickel allergies. There is ZERO NICKEL in Cobalt Slinky strings and the only nickel in M-Steels is in the core wire on the wound strings, so you won't have any problems. The outside of the wound strings is iron and cobalt - no nickel at all. The plain strings are also nickel free. Stainless will still stick around for those that prefer stainless.

I would definitely recommend checking out the new M-Steels. You shouldn't have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DCStingray View Post
    Hey savemenow,
    great question! The M-Steel and Cobalt Slinkys are both great candidates for players with nickel allergies. There is ZERO NICKEL in Cobalt Slinky strings and the only nickel in M-Steels is in the core wire on the wound strings, so you won't have any problems. The outside of the wound strings is iron and cobalt - no nickel at all. The plain strings are also nickel free. Stainless will still stick around for those that prefer stainless.

I would definitely recommend checking out the new M-Steels. You shouldn't have any problems.
    Hey, thanks!! That's great to hear. Last I read, 6% of the population has a nickle allergy. I will definitely try out the M-steels!!