Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brand new package, rusty strings

I live in the U.K and I've had excellent customer service from Ernie ball regarding any problems I've had.
    Those strings to me look like they've been exposed to moisture or haven't been kept in very good conditions. I use cobalt hybrids and they are superb strings. Apart from an e string coming unwound on installation (which was replaced by EBMM) I've had no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar

Quote Originally Posted by steevo View Post
    I live in the U.K and I've had excellent customer service from Ernie ball regarding any problems I've had.
    Those strings to me look like they've been exposed to moisture or haven't been kept in very good conditions. I use cobalt hybrids and they are superb strings. Apart from an e string coming unwound on installation (which was replaced by EBMM) I've had no issues.
    Lucky you. Oh I had 41 yearsof ot having any problem big enough to even mention. Then 4 bad sets - all in sealed packs, none terribly old, and one pack purchased days before. It's quite a mystery. As the packs are sealed, top of the list are bad manufacture or counterfeiting.

The manufacturer seems complacent, unconcerned even, which is what is troubling me.

Stocking from other manufacturers today, and from different stores. It feels a little odd after 40 odd years, to be putting other brands on my own guitars, but I have no option. :-(

I've had no problems getting my factory rusty strings exchanged either. I have, however, better things to do. That's why I've started using a different brand until I'm convinced that whatever issue exists in the manufacturing or packaging process has been rectified.
    '05 JP6 Desert Gold matching headstock, inlays, piezo
    '06 Silhouette 20th Anniversary (trem, rosewood)
    '06 Bongo Stealth 4HH
    '14 JP7 BFR Rosewood trans black quilt

Further to this, I'm pleased to say that EB have gotten in touch this morning, and I'm cautiously hoping that, as they probably want to stay in business, they will quickly get to the cause the problem and resolve it. :-)