A7X Plays Super Slinkys

Thread: Brand new package, rusty strings

Brand new package, rusty strings

Dear friends from Ernie Ball. I opened a new packaging and the strings are completely rusted. The package was sealed, but the strings are rusty. I've never seen it before. The package expires? I am sending some pictures:

Brand new package, rusty strings-rusty_ernieball-jpg

Very unusual. Contact the customer service guys on Monday- they'll take care of you.

Blog Entries
    we test strings under pressure submerged in water 12 times a day to insure a perfect factory fresh seal.... This is the first set Ive seenin poobably 7,000,000 sory contact customer service and we will make it right
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Ive never had a bad ernie ball string let alone a rusty set. I wonder if the packet had somehow become penetrated by something causing moisture ingress
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar

Thank you all!
    I've never had a bad Ernie Ball, I'll contact the customer service.

I bought 8 packets of Ernie Ball Super slinky strings which I kept on a shelf next to an opened packet that I had used just one string from to replace a broken one. The first new packet I opened, the three thinnest strings had short (10mm) rusted sections all the way down them. In my opinion they must have been that way when they left the factory because the opened set have been there open for 12 months, and they are not rusted at all, I checked.
    I've since opened a second packet of the eight, and it is the same as the first, short (10mm) rust marks on the e,b and g strings. I am using them as it seems a shame to waste them, but until I am convinced that this is not normal for Ernie Ball strings now I have changed to D'Adario. Too expensive to have them rusted straight out of a sealed packet. It's a shame, as I've always liked Ernie Ball strings and have been buying them for the last 17 years.

Aha, having done a quick google search, it would appear that rusty strings out of a new packet has been a well reported issue. What isnt yet clear to me is whether this is an issue that has been resolved, or whether it is still a problem. I guess it is possible that the 8 packs I bought were produced at the time of a problem with the product and the shop was selling old stock. It would be nice to know if there is any way of knowing which packets to avoid buying

Please contact the customer service folks. They can help you out.

I have a set of M-Steel 10-46 right now and the (high) E & B strings have little sections on each of them that have discoloration...almost black looking...small, like 1/8" long but here & there all the way down the length of the strings. I bought two packs of them, haven't opened the second pack yet so don't know if those are good or not.

I was waiting to see if I got chosen to receive a pack of the new Paradigms before I decide if I am going to go back to the NYXL strings, which to this point are my favorite strings. I was thinking that maybe the Paradigms I'd like as much as the NYXL's but it seems like the Paradigms are going to cost more than NYXL's, so I may just switch back to them.
    JP Majesty || Steve Morse Std. || Reflex Gamechanger || Silo Special || ALHH
    https://ericjasonbrock.bandcamp.com