Ernie Ball Paradigm
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Paradigm strings issue

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Midlands, UK
    Posts
    360

    Paradigm strings issue

    Having had my paradigms on for a month I've found that the high E string has developed marks where the frets are



    I've tried filling the online form out only to find you need to have kept the packaging for the product code, is there anything I can do?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Midlands, UK
    Posts
    360
    Any help anyone?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,836
    Have you tried calling or emailing them? (Link to EB support is in my sig.)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Midlands, UK
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by beej View Post
    Have you tried calling or emailing them? (Link to EB support is in my sig.)
    I'll try that thank you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    9,836
    For sure. Good luck.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    South Wales , UK
    Posts
    8
    After a month any string would have some wear, no matter how fancy they are?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Midlands, UK
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterVV View Post
    After a month any string would have some wear, no matter how fancy they are?
    I'd only gigged them 3 times, they're still on and still sounding fresh and feel great but for what they were advertised as I wouldn't have expected to see marks on them after such a short amount of time. The cobalts that I took off had been on for a few months and been gigged a lot and had no signs of wear on them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Midlands, UK
    Posts
    360
    I will add that they are fantastic sounding strings and feel very close to slinkys, they bend amazingly well, as long as they last and don't show any further signs of wear I wouldn't hesitate in buying them again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by steevo View Post
    I will add that they are fantastic sounding strings and feel very close to slinkys, they bend amazingly well, as long as they last and don't show any further signs of wear I wouldn't hesitate in buying them again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do they compare to the Cobalts as far as sound goes, do they sound as good as the Cobalts?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    4,935
    Quote Originally Posted by steevo View Post
    I'd only gigged them 3 times, they're still on and still sounding fresh and feel great but for what they were advertised as I wouldn't have expected to see marks on them after such a short amount of time. The cobalts that I took off had been on for a few months and been gigged a lot and had no signs of wear on them.
    WOW! You get a lot of use from your strings!

    I never have set of strings on longer than two gigs, about 20 hours playing time if there are no gigs. If I ever did have strings on that long there would obvious flat spots on the underside of the wound strings and the plains strings would be very discolored.

    Note that Cobalt plains strings are the same tin-coated high carbon steel as the other slinky sets, but Paradigm plain strings are different so they may not discolor in the same way. But discoloration is not the same as corrosion and in itself is not something I'd worry about.

    And looking back at your first post, if that's all you have on the strings after *one month* I am seriously impressed!
    An Irishman in Paris...
    2005 LE Buttercream Silhouette Special

    Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info
    Required reading - Forum Decorum

    Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

    I do not work for EBMM. I'm just a moderator.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by steevo View Post
    Having had my paradigms on for a month I've found that the high E string has developed marks where the frets are



    I've tried filling the online form out only to find you need to have kept the packaging for the product code, is there anything I can do?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bought my .009's a month ago. 3 gigs and my .024 already broke. Not worth the money in my estimation. I could've bought 3 sets of the regular slinkys and would've lasted 3 times as long.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Midlands, UK
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by perchonthis View Post
    Bought my .009's a month ago. 3 gigs and my .024 already broke. Not worth the money in my estimation. I could've bought 3 sets of the regular slinkys and would've lasted 3 times as long.
    I'm not going to give up on them just yet. They are still a relatively new product and as such may be experiencing teething products.
    I have contacted CS and they have arranged for the UK distributor to send out a replacement set, amazing customer service as usual.
    The marks on the top E string is the only problem, they are lovely strings to play and stay in tune amazingly so I congratulate EB on an amazing product and I hope they take off.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    13
    Okay, so I finally got a couple of sets of Paradigms. They're much easier to bend than the M-Steels, they're not as stiff. And their tone is more mellow, they're not as loud. I think I like them better than the M-Steels, @ least as far as the bendability goes. And they sound (and feel) very good.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Asheville NC.
    Posts
    2
    Ive tried two sets of paradigm strings one set lasted two shows the other set didn't even make it through the first set THEY BREAK!!
    I've been using slinky hybrid (9 thru 46) for years and they last longer and hold their tone better than paradigm strings. I'm heavy handed and have had to change strings every third show for years I keep my guitars set up regularly by a local pro tech and had hoped with these "game changing " strings I would get more life out of a set, at three times the price its just not worth it and I'm disapointed to say the least any recomendation on a better string with more life?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Midlands, UK
    Posts
    360
    Just to update, I've now received some replacement strings from strings and things in the uk and will be sending my old set back for analysis. I think they're great strings personally, lovely feel and tone.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Musicman Silhouette special w/rosewood neck
    Musicman Sterling 5 HH
    Music Man SUB5 bass
    Music Man SUB 1 guitar

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Paradigm