Ernie Ball CRNR Mike Dirnt

Thread: Paradigm Strings

Paradigm Strings

Hi All,

Just wondering if you can help me. I have been using Paradigm 10-46 on on my US Strat for the last 5 months and it's eating my frets. I love the strings but they are killing the frets to fast for my liking. Do SS frets which are meant to be coated (Ernie state this) really wear this fast??

Can any of you recommend strings which will feels close what I'm using which will be softer on the guitar. I used Nickle wound D'addarios before this.

Any advice would be great.

Riley

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Hi All,

Just wondering if you can help me. I have been using Paradigm 10-46 on on my US Strat for the last 5 months and it's eating my frets. I love the strings but they are killing the frets to fast for my liking. Do SS frets which are meant to be coated (Ernie state this) really wear this fast??

Can any of you recommend strings which will feels close what I'm using which will be softer on the guitar. I used Nickle wound D'addarios before this.

Any advice would be great.

Riley
    Hi, Riley. This is the first time I've heard of this particular issue, I'm contacting our string design team to see if this has been an issue for anyone else, and why it may be happening. Please give me a little time and I will figure out how to help you, thanks so much for trying out Paradigm strings!
    St. Vincent "Prince Vince" trans purple gold hardware stealth pg roasted bound neck
    Albert Lee MM90 piezo "Silver Surfer"
    Classic Morse
    Luke BFR Koa
    Axis Super Sport Semi-Hollow natural flame piezo
    Silhouette Special
    Stealth Bongo H
    White Cutlass Bass roasted neck

Once you re-fret your guitar with stainless steel frets you'll be fine anyway
    JP12 Cherry Sugar(Piezo, Inlays, Headstock) Born 05/14/12
    JP7 Pearl Redburst (Piezo, inlays, headstock) Born 02/13/04
    Fractal axefx2xl+ 2x yamaha hs7 + EV5
    Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah