Ready to Roar

Thread: RPS Reinforced vs Custom Gauge

User Info Menu

RPS Reinforced vs Custom Gauge

Hi,
    I have a question. I want to buy single strings but a store in my country currently doesn't have all the Nickel Wound strings. Instead, they sell RPS Reinforced. How big difference would it make, or how well would they match tone-wise if I mixed plain RPS Reinforced with Nickel Wound?

User Info Menu

It's my understanding that the RPS strings are the same strings as other Slinkys, only with a reinforcement at the ball end. Tone-wise, they should be identical.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis SS Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2016 Axis SS Semi-Hollow Trans Teal one-off (6/8/16)
    2018 Axis BFR Steel Blue No. 45 (9/18/18)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reis View Post
    Hi,
    I have a question. I want to buy single strings but a store in my country currently doesn't have all the Nickel Wound strings. Instead, they sell RPS Reinforced. How big difference would it make, or how well would they match tone-wise if I mixed plain RPS Reinforced with Nickel Wound?

CEC Resources/Responses Hub
    CEC Resources/Responses Hub
    100%

Hi there, They RPS Slinkys will give you the same tone you are used to with our regular Slinkys. The string material is the same, but with a reinforced wrap at the ball end of the strings to give you added strength and reduce breakage.
    Screen reader support enabled.

Hi there, They RPS Slinkys will give you the same tone you are used to with our regular Slinkys. The string material is the same, but with a reinforced wrap at the ball end of the strings to give you added strength and reduce breakage.