New Prodigy

Thread: Buyer Beware Ernie Ball Flatwound!! 50/70/85/105's Cobalt Flat's

User Info Menu

Angry Buyer Beware Ernie Ball Flatwound!! 50/70/85/105's Cobalt Flat's

These strings require far more tension and broke 3 of 4 tuners day one, after new tuners the D just came apart and I threw the entire set in the trash. The NEW sealed package did not protect the strings from rust, kink in the end winding on 2 strings and the wrapping was loose and fuzzy. The worst strings I ever bought. I will NEVER buy Ernie Ball again after these..Cost me $135 to repair the damage. How are these people in business?

User Info Menu

Broke 3 of 4 tuners? Did you try putting them on a Hondo guitar or something?

I find this post and thread to be HIGHLY suspect.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Hi there- if you have problems with any EB products, your best bet is to call the customer service folks and let them help you out.

It's hard for me to imagine how a set of strings broke bass tuners. Not saying I don't believe it, but that's pretty unusual ... I would suspect you had a problem with the instrument.

User Info Menu

I had once a tuner break for me, was a cheap bass guitar, too.

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lane Johnson View Post
    These strings require far more tension and broke 3 of 4 tuners day one, after new tuners the D just came apart and I threw the entire set in the trash. The NEW sealed package did not protect the strings from rust, kink in the end winding on 2 strings and the wrapping was loose and fuzzy. The worst strings I ever bought. I will NEVER buy Ernie Ball again after these..Cost me $135 to repair the damage. How are these people in business?
    Hi Lane,
    Sorry to hear that you had an issue with your Cobalt Flatwounds. Shoot us an email at customerexperience@ernieball.com and we'll look into this for you.

User Info Menu

Well, since this seems to be in the process of being taken care of, I'll just shut this down now.