Ready to Roar

Thread: M-Steel on wrap around old style bridges

User Info Menu

M-Steel on wrap around old style bridges

Att Aziah or anyone in the tech department, or even folks here that have had a similar issue.

M-Steel fell on my lap out of curiosity last summer and ever since they have been my favourite strings that I now use on all my guitars. After the M-Steel the Paradigm are my 2nd favourite EB strings.

I'll get to the point. One of my vintage guitars has a wrap around style bridge (see pic) and the G string wrapping it's splitting once it goes over the bridge, however the strings have not snapped (yet) and it keeps a good tuning, regardless of the lack of individual saddles but the part that is splitting it's kind like a needle sticking up and I have to be careful when palm muting not to let it cut my skin. Any suggestions, tips? But in general, were the M-Steel designed to work safely on wrap around bridges?

Thanks

M-Steel on wrap around old style bridges-photo-04-12-2019-08-41-43-jpgM-Steel on wrap around old style bridges-photo-04-12-2019-08-41-10-jpg

Daniel is online now Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Hi Tanner, The M-Steel strings should work on any guitar. Shoot me an email at customerexperience@ernieball.com and we'll replace that string for you.

User Info Menu

Oh thanks for the offer but for one string it won't be necessary, I appreciate your kindness, it's cheaper for me to get a new set when these wear out than for you to send one to England.

Cheers

Daniel is online now Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    Oh thanks for the offer but for one string it won't be necessary, I appreciate your kindness, it's cheaper for me to get a new set when these wear out than for you to send one to England.

Cheers
    If you ever have any trouble with your Ernie Ball products, don't hesitate to reach out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Hi Tanner, The M-Steel strings should work on any guitar. Shoot me an email at customerexperience@ernieball.com and we'll replace that string for you.
    thanks for the offer but for one string it won't be necessary.