Straps 2020

Thread: Coated Slinkyís BASS

User Info Menu

Coated Slinkyís BASS

Iíve used them in the past, coated bass, admittedly not for a few years. just put a new set on cause the fancy took me to use a set and Iím experiencing a lot of finger noise. Huge amounts. I donít remember them ever being like this. Iím hoping it will die down as they play in.
    Iíve just put a couple of hours practice in on them and still just as squeaky!

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ĒSunBlueĒ. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    Bongo 5HH. Firemist Purple. 2019
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

Are you talking about the Cobalt rounds? I have them on my SR5 and they aren't noisy to me, granted mine have been on for about a year so they may have settled down but I don't ever recall them being too noisy. If you're referring to a different string type, than disregard as I didn't realize they may have other coated strings (not even sure if cobalts are coated actually).
    StingRay Special BFR Fretless Vintage Sierra Burst (2019)
    StingRay Special HH BFR Dargie Delight 3 (2019)
    StingRay Old Smoothie Butterscotch (2019)
    StingRay5 True Gold (2010)
    Bongo 6 Egyptian Smoke (2009)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N4860 View Post
    Are you talking about the Cobalt rounds? I have them on my SR5 and they aren't noisy to me, granted mine have been on for about a year so they may have settled down but I don't ever recall them being too noisy. If you're referring to a different string type, than disregard as I didn't realize they may have other coated strings (not even sure if cobalts are coated actually).
    No Coated Slinky’s are something totally different to the Cobalts.
    Cobalt Slinky’s are none coated.

I’ve got a few more hours on them now and they are not as bad but still very noisy. Can’t ever remember them having any noise in the past

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by danny-79 View Post
    No Coated Slinky’s are something totally different to the Cobalts.
    Cobalt Slinky’s are none coated.

I’ve got a few more hours on them now and they are not as bad but still very noisy. Can’t ever remember them having any noise in the past
    Ah you're right, I just looked them up and saw that they have coated slinky's. I've never seen those in stores so I didn't realize they existed. I haven't really used any coated stings in years so I couldn't help ya.
    StingRay Special BFR Fretless Vintage Sierra Burst (2019)
    StingRay Special HH BFR Dargie Delight 3 (2019)
    StingRay Old Smoothie Butterscotch (2019)
    StingRay5 True Gold (2010)
    Bongo 6 Egyptian Smoke (2009)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N4860 View Post
    Ah you're right, I just looked them up and saw that they have coated slinky's. I've never seen those in stores so I didn't realize they existed. I haven't really used any coated stings in years so I couldn't help ya.
    I used them for quite a while when they were first introduced, for a couple of years or so then switched to a different brand and material completely. for some reason I had the urge to put a set of EB Coated on and why not ! (Missing the warmth of nickels maybe?) They have settled down a bit but still quite a bit of finger noise. My memory isn’t the best but don’t ever remember this issue in the past
    Last edited by danny-79; 08-16-2020 at 04:06 AM.