Mariposa Green

Thread: My bands album has hit #1 and #2 at cdbaby!

User Info Menu

My bands album has hit #1 and #2 at cdbaby!

I'm the guitarist for the prog metal band Hourglass and I just found out that our latest album is #2 in the metal category and #1 in the prog metal category at cdbaby. Was pretty surprised to find this out since the album has been out for over two years now. I'm also surprised about this since it is a double album, and a quite lengthy one at that. Pretty excited about this so just thought I'd share the good news.

By the way, any independent bands/artists considering using cdbaby for any of their releases, well you should do it. They are an awesome company and Hourglass owes them big time. With the music industry changing so much they really are a good option for people trying to get your music out there and heard.

User Info Menu

congrats man........gotta like hearing that kind of feedback eh?
    2001 STERLING H/ black/black ice pg/rosewood board
    2003 SUB active white/black pg/rosewood board

SterlingStudios

User Info Menu

Thumbs up

Well done - greetings to Utah

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fly View Post
    congrats man........gotta like hearing that kind of feedback eh?
    It actually is really rewarding. We worked on that album for over four years so it was a beast. It is a double album with 2 hours and 20 minutes of music. The best part is it is full of MM guitars. They make many appearances.

User Info Menu

Facade n Faces r particularly well executed. Greetings and congratulations from utahs red headed step sister....wyoming.

User Info Menu

That's awesome, man! Fantastic news.

My band (also independent prog metal) are not on cdbaby, but bandcamp.com - which is also an awesome service with tons of options for artists. You should check them out too if you haven't already.

User Info Menu

Awesome - Great job bro ! !