Pete Townsend Plays Power Slinkys
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: tunes thread

is this what u mean??

so you just would like us to give a website linking to the song's btw do mean bands or do you mean just the guitar sound by iys self solo?????
    and when i mean by bands like ther offical websites??
    well if a website
    www.bearshare.com you can get heaps of songs of that
    www.goodcharlotte.com

Our song is currently number one on the Washington Post MP3 page, and the guitars are all AL -

Start Me Up Again

tv
    Boxcar Collision

I'm new to posting on the forum. Here's a link to some of my tunes. Some originals and a couple mutilated covers.

Bobs Bus Music

Billy & The FID music...

Just got finished Friday night laying down bass tracks for these guys; about 7-8 tracks in 2.5-3 hours!

All done with my '79 Sabre through ProTools.

New mp3's/c.d. to be released by the end of the year; hopefully sooner!

http://www.monkeysplusaudio.com/bill...efid/index.htm
    Last edited by shamus63; 09-11-2005 at 01:29 PM.
    "That Bongo is the Abe Vigoda of basses."
    - BP

"Don't play it if you don't feel it."
    - James Jamerson

I am the Heidi Fleiss of bass owners!

~James~

I'm sorry... I just realized that I didn't reply, I had two windows open and hit the post button. Here is what's in the post...

This is a song my friend Raymond and I did for the Christian Metal Realm's compilation cd.

http://www.myspace.com/enduvus

It's kind of rough, in the mix especially. I had to mix it so quick to meet the deadline, and the deadline also cost us most of the keyboards. Most of the choppy edits are because of having to too quickly set all the scenes in the automation.

I recorded the vox during an earlier session but it was to the same click track. However, the song got lengthened so, even though the click was the same at those points, it was in a different place so I didn't quite get it lined up perfectly when I pasted it(I used a Korg d1600 so it's not quite like protools editing).

The guitars were a combination of my MM JPM7, Ibanez JPM, and Raymond's OLP Baritone(with PAF PROs).

I did the solos and most of the melodies.

I'll add some more after I think of it, and after I see some responses. lol
    I'll pay more attention next time...

Thumbs up CheryL Hill Rocks

Here is a chick that rocks and why she hasn't been signed to a record deal yet. Your guess is as good as mine. Let me know what you think of the music.

www.cherylhill.com

"Cheryl Hill endorses Daisy Rock Guitars"

Well so do I! That's why I'm on the Ernie Ball forum!

As always, I endorse these guys:

http://www.bovinehost.com/cowpilot/cowpilot.html

We suck, but our tone is good.

Jack

Hopefully this works. I posted a few clips on mixposure a couple months ago.

http://www.mixposure.com/sean-e/music

You may need to crank the volume-the levels are pretty low.
    Last edited by savannah_sean; 10-01-2005 at 09:31 AM.

another clip

I have posted a new MP3 of something I'm working on. The main guitar track is intended as a vocal guide track whilst I think up lyrics and expand on the melody.

The drums are basic.. I will add fills eventually and some other layers of guitar and then I'll re-post it. There's also a major volume drop when the heavier part kicks in at the end (mixing goof which I'll fix tonight, time permitting).. I think I need some more layers to transition this a little better, too.

Anyway, if anyone wants to hear the tune in its current form, click the song "If I could" at the following URL:

My Mixposure page
    Last edited by SteveB; 10-15-2005 at 03:47 PM. Reason: moved site where file is located
    JP6 Pearl Redburst
    Y2D Purple Sunset
    Dargie Delight (1) Bongo H
    Majesty (6 string) Glacial Frost

Steve,

I like the tune- really nice playing and I like the chord changes.

What do you use for recording?

Sean,

Thanks! It's a work-in-progress, definitely needs better drumming and another layer over the odd-accented arpeggio part.

The gear used in that recording:

Music Man Petrucci 6-string
    Digitech RP-2000 modeling pedalboard
    F@nder P-bass
    Boss DR-770 Drum machine

All recorded directly into a Fostex VF-16 digital multitracker. That's it! Neither the guitar nor the bass ever sounded thru a speaker until it hit my Samson ReSolv 80a monitors.

I'd rather record my guitar by mic'ing my Peavey XXX head and 4x12 cab, but that rig lives at my drummer's house. The Rp-2000 sounds good enough for scratchpad stuff, though.. and that's all I'm good for!

I like your tunes up on mixposure.. especially the 'reptilian hindbrain' track.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst
    Y2D Purple Sunset

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB

All recorded directly into a Fostex VF-16 digital multitracker.
    I like your tunes up on mixposure.. especially the 'reptilian hindbrain' track.
    Steve,

Thanks for the info- I have a digitech gnx3 which has an 8 track recorder and a slot for a 128 mb card- I've been trying to find out more about digital recorders- like yours- so that I can make better recordings and burn cd's and whatnot.

Sean,

Back when I bought my VF-16, nobody had the CD burner built-in. The current offerings from Fostex (and everyone else) have them. I believe the VF-16 has been replaced by the VF-160 which has the burner on board. (Mine does have a SCSI port, so I bought an external SCSI burner to go with it.)

The Fostex unit has been very reliable and easy to use. I haven't tried a lot of others to give you a comparison, but I'm happy with my VF-16. It's 16 tracks but you can only record 8 simultaneously (unless you buy optional ADAT connecting gear). That's never really been a problem for me at home, though. I've even recorded live drums using 6 to 8 mics and then gone back and tracked the other instruments later. The only thing that would improved this device would be automated faders. It's got 'scene' memory, so you can store snapshots of various mixes and have the system load them at your desired points in time during playback. This gives you something like "intervallic" fader automation, except the faders don't move to match the settings that are recalled.

Anyway, I'm getting OT so I'll stifle myself.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst
    Y2D Purple Sunset

steve-

yeah, sorry for getting us OT. I pm'd you.

sean

Quote Originally Posted by savannah_sean
    Steve,

Thanks for the info- I have a digitech gnx3 which has an 8 track recorder and a slot for a 128 mb card- I've been trying to find out more about digital recorders- like yours- so that I can make better recordings and burn cd's and whatnot.

I have a GNX3 also...I am such a dork, I can't figure out how to use the damn thing