• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Big Mike

Hmm...a 20th?

Me thinks a road trip from Concord may be in order. Thanks for the heads up.

Anyone interested, there is a used Luke in Luke blue (couple chips) that played well, but needed some nut work (slots binding) in GC in Concord CA. Have a chipped Axis SS RW as well, and a cherry burst SS.

They don't give much love to em down here though. I pondered the Luke. I'm a huge fan, but I don't really care for EMG's myself.

Edit: I will say, of all the EMG's I've used, I like the Luke set the best, I just lean towards a passive SC tone.

Last edited:

phatduckk

Wick3d. said:
Yeah I've played that one too! Truely a great guitar!

Now if I could only try a JP6 and a HSH Silhouette... then i could decide which one I'll buy after selling my Ibanez... (anyone needs one by the way? :p)

when i played the LE Luke the SF GC also had a JP6 in stock. I have one so i didnt bother taking to close a look to check out all the specs (im pretty sure it had a MHS - forget the color).

personally i dont think i could pick between the Luke and the JP6. I think if i played clean more id get the Luke b/c the PUP combos really blew me away on clean tones... obviously YMMV

Big Mike

phatduckk said:
when i played the LE Luke the SF GC also had a JP6 in stock. I have one so i didnt bother taking to close a look to check out all the specs (im pretty sure it had a MHS - forget the color).

personally i dont think i could pick between the Luke and the JP6. I think if i played clean more id get the Luke b/c the PUP combos really blew me away on clean tones... obviously YMMV

Anyone ever consider doing a SFO get together? We do those occasionally at the PRS board, Birds and moons.

Be fun to meet some EBMM afficianados.

Hmm...SFo.....then SJO??? LOL

Jimi D

Big Mike said:
Anyone ever consider doing a SFO get together? We do those occasionally at the PRS board, Birds and moons.
Big Mike! Welcome to the forum!

For those of you who don't know, Mike's a Mod over at Birds and Moons, a PRS-geared forum that's another nice place to visit on the web.

Did you get your Rosewood Axis SS yet? I've been playing the heck outta my Rosewood Axis the last two weeks - this neck is the sweetest I've ever played! My Standard 24's starting to get jealous! ;)

Big Mike

Jimi D said:
Big Mike! Welcome to the forum!

For those of you who don't know, Mike's a Mod over at Birds and Moons, a PRS-geared forum that's another nice place to visit on the web.

Did you get your Rosewood Axis SS yet? I've been playing the heck outta my Rosewood Axis the last two weeks - this neck is the sweetest I've ever played! My Standard 24's starting to get jealous! ;)

Thanks brother! Thought that was you! Yeah, It'll be here Friday. It's got some mojo as it used to be Dan Desy's. Well, it still is until I send the check LOLOL!!

Been a MM fan for awhile, had a sterling. bought a wolfgang at one time thinking it would be 'close enough'...it wasn't. LOL

Want a Luke BAAD. I can see this snowballing already. Found a used Silo H/S/H for a buddy, and now I'm trying to talk him out of it.
I WILL have a luke when I can figure out what single coils I can fit in there.

pauldogx

Thought I recognized Big Mike----I float around on Birds and Moons occasionally----havent spent much time there lately----been on here too much!!!!!! I new Desy was from over there---glad to see he finally found a home for the rosewood!!!!

Big Mike

pauldogx said:
Thought I recognized Big Mike----I float around on Birds and Moons occasionally----havent spent much time there lately----been on here too much!!!!!! I new Desy was from over there---glad to see he finally found a home for the rosewood!!!!

Yeah the bastid's been tormenting me. Funny, I seriously dislike rosewood necks on PRSi. I had a custom 22 that I only kept for a month.

But on the Axissssss Axii? I've played, their fantastic.

Sorry for the hijack...

Let's get back to talking about that killer luke....

Big Poppa

Big Mike said:
Yeah the bastid's been tormenting me. Funny, I seriously dislike rosewood necks on PRSi. I had a custom 22 that I only kept for a month.

But on the Axissssss Axii? I've played, their fantastic.

Sorry for the hijack...

Let's get back to talking about that killer luke....

Spoken like a professional Moderator..Welcome and stick around!

Big Mike

Big Poppa said:
Spoken like a professional Moderator..Welcome and stick around!

Thanks Big Poppa! I'll be around. I got a fever...and the only prescription...MORE BALLS!!! Pro moderator..<shudder>:)

I've met you a time or two at namm, always a pleasure, thanks for taking the time to say Hi.

Now.....LE Luke...Where's the pics???:D

MadSi

My 2006 Ltd Edition, can't find any info about it

Hi All

Resurrecting this post as it's the only one I can find regarding the guitar i've just had the pleasure of purchasing. Paid top $$$ for it however I think it's well worth it.

Does anyone know about this Ltd edition range, what was special about it, how many made etc?

Mines in Black, gold hardware, plays like a dream, original ltd edition case and some case candy still - i'm chuffed as wanted a Luke for years.

Pics attached :)

Si
s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Great 1st post! Welcome to the forum, Si!

These limited editions ran from 2004 to 2008. It was a limited edition paintjob on what were otherwise standard guitars.

In 2004 there was Envy green and Radiance red, both had black headstocks and gold lettering. Envy Green had a blue abalone pickguard on models with a pickguard, Radiance Red had either a black ice or white pearl pickguard (I don't recall). Radiance Red later became a standard color option.

2005 was Buttercream with matching headstock and red lettering, including a limited edition logo on the back of the body just under the neck plate, and tortoise shell pickguard.

2006 was black with matching headstock, gold hardware and gold lettering with a similar logo under the neckplate.

2007 was a reissue of Blue Dawn sparkle burst, matching headstock and a 2007 inlay at the 12th fret, and black pearl pickguard.

2008 was sequoia gold, a dark brown burst with a faint gold sparkle, matching headstock with the year inlaid at the 12th fret, gold hardware and black pickguard.

After that the limited edition runs were stopped as the BFR (Ball Family Reserve models) were launched instead. A few years after that we saw the Premier Dealer Network (PDN) guitars take the place of the Limited Edition runs. But both the BFR and PDN guitar frequently offered something different about the guitar other than the color, e.g. different neck or body wood, stainless steel frets, that kind of thing.

Last edited:

MadSi

Hi Kev

Many thanks for that, the most info i've found so far so appreciate it :)

Si

agt

Congrats , MadSi! Enjoy playing that beauty!

The resurrection of this thread is a blast from the past - several forumites from whom I have not seen posts in a while. I hope everyone is well and picking.

MadSi

I dont suppose anyone knows how much the 2006 Ltd edition originally retailed for do they? Loving playing it but taking a bit of getting used to compared to my strat and les paul!

GWDavis28

What is it? It's really not based on what they sold for then, more what they are selling for now. Check Reverb and EvilBay to get an idea of pricing.

You can't list in the For Sale thread yet, you haven't posted or been here long enough unfortunately.

Hope this helps, Glenn |B)

MadSi

What is it? It's really not based on what they sold for then, more what they are selling for now. Check Reverb and EvilBay to get an idea of pricing.

You can't list in the For Sale thread yet, you haven't posted or been here long enough unfortunately.

Hope this helps, Glenn |B)

Lol you missed my post above, i've just bought a 2006 LII Ltd Edition, i'm not selling. Was more interested in how much it was when they came out thats all.

Si

Top Bottom