• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DaPatrooch

When I explain my JP to people, I usually say that it has an "acoustic switch." But most people pronounce it "pie-zo" so that's what I think it is. I've heard some say "pee-yay-zo" but whatever.

azazael

I have always said Pee-ayy-Zoh

Ive always knew it was wrong i just hate saying pie-zo...
it just sound so stupid!

kissmyaxe

I think people just say pee-ay-zo to make it sound more sohisticated and expensive, like the guy that always does the demos for gutiar world always drags the word out.... outside of the music world its always pie-zo and im lazy and its easier to say so im gonna stick to it

mesavox

Europeans tend to say Pee Ay Zo. Americans tend to say Pie Zo. The dictionary says Pee Ay Zo. I say Pee Ay Zo. In the end... you say Po Tay Toe and I say Po Tot Oh. LOL

Actually, I say Po Tay Toe but... yeah. lol

BairdM3

I had always heard and said "pee-ay-zo", until I saw the JP video on Youtube talking about his BFR and he said "pie-zo"...then I stated saying "pie-zo" lol, figured he knew what he was talking about ;)

panther_king

Interesting...try clicking on "piezo-electric" (the next term down in the list on that site) and hear how it sounds...

My vote is for "pie-zo", "pee-zo", "pie-ee-zo" and "pee-ay-zo" to all be correct!

Then click 'piezoelectric' further down... seems to me like Mr. Pronunciation can't decide either (eye-ther... ee-ther?)

Top Bottom