• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Luke Duke

I adore my 25th. It's one of 2 guitars I carry to every gig. II feel like the electronics in the 25th achieve what PRS tried and never really got right. Because of that, my 25th can adequately "fake" single coil sounds and sledgehammer bucker tones. So it makes it easier to cover more songs, and I like to have a "different" guitar onstage than people normally see. The other I carry is a big ole hollowbody and people go nuts over it too. In fact the 25th has supplanted a killer R8 and I never thought that would be possible.

I love the axis but I'm a broad shouldered guy who's 6'1 and my first guitar was an ES-330 so bigger bodies feel best to me so the axis end up feeling awkward, also I'm not a fan of a 10" radius, 12" or more for me please!

Luke

DrewH

Reflex is a superb toneful and versatile instrument. However, its not very ergonomic. That was the reason I sold mine in favor of an L3...which so happens to be the MOST ergonomic guitar I've ever played. The Reflex could have benefited from deeper forearm and tummy cuts.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
...as with much of what we make the public doesnt like it. Its not a strat or lp or even worse a new guitar looks like it was made in jr high woodshop...

Yep, that's it. I think it's a shame too. What happened to rock'n'roll rebellion? To being original? Nah, forget it, let's stay with generic copies of 60 year old designs. I've enjoyed seeing some new talent playing Als and Armadas, it'd be great to get a Reflex in their hands too. But as long as the biggest mainstream stars are wardrobed up in vintage Fs and Gs, that's what all the players influenced by them will want too.

Most music stores in Paris bore me to tears with row after row of the same old thing. But it's nice that there is one little guy who stocks only Vigier, PRS, and Music Man. It's a welcome breath of (quality) fresh air.

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Reflex is a superb toneful and versatile instrument. However, its not very ergonomic. That was the reason I sold mine in favor of an L3...which so happens to be the MOST ergonomic guitar I've ever played. The Reflex could have benefited from deeper forearm and tummy cuts.

Third biggest selling guitar in the world - telecaster. No cuts at all. And let's face it strats and les pauls have their own magic but compared to almost any Music Man, they are far less ergonomic.

Remember, what we want as individuals, or what we wants as forumites, often bears scant relation to what the general guitar public will actually buy.

ozzyrules

All this discussion drove me to go upstairs to my "EBMM Mancave" and strap on my 25th. I played along with a backing track for about an hour. I absolutely love this guitar. The rich tones, beautiful top, etc. are incredible!!!!

dwells

Reflex/25th is the perfect guitar for me, i cant get enough of these guitars.
Best Guitar music man have ever made
i dont have any limitations on this guitar and it suits all styles:)

Manxmusicman

I played a gig with my 25th last night, I only got it last week. All I can say is WOW, it's incredible, it has every tone I'd ever want from a guitar and that bridge pickup on full humbucking is a thing of beauty, it's got wonderful growl to it. This was supposed to be a back up for my L3 but it might become my main axe.

roburado

Reflex/25th is the perfect guitar for me, i cant get enough of these guitars.
Best Guitar music man have ever made
i dont have any limitations on this guitar and it suits all styles:)

Dean's totally right. This guitar does it all. I don't talk about the Reflex much, because I have the guitar that became the Reflex--the 25th Anniversary. I loved it so much that I have two of them!

Tim O'Sullivan

As a long time Axis/EVH player, I have tried the Reflex/25th and the shape really does not do it for me. I though that the forearm cut on the top would be the deal breaker, but it was just not my guitar.

I always felt that the Reflex would have done better if it had continued on with the fancy tops that the 25th had.

Stratty316

As a fellow Axis player the neck is quite different as well. It wasn't until I bought the HHAL that I got used to different neck shapes again. I actually like the body shape quite a bit... It's the top that has me looking at other models in the EBMM line before the Reflex. If BP and co were to do another special run of quilt tops and maybe roasted necks I would find a way to jump on one... Let's hope that's not for a while though as baby's are expensive and formula is a little higher up on the priority list than a nice guitar.

edhalen

as if I wasn't fired up enough for the arrival of my reflex - after reading this thread.... :) :) :)

dwells

heres a little video of my Custom reflex, this is the best guitar I've ever played and owned. the reflex can do anything and is by far the most comfortable guitar i think Ebmm has made-

Top Bottom