Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seafoam Green vs. Mint Green vs. Surf Green?

This is a discussion on Seafoam Green vs. Mint Green vs. Surf Green? within the Music Man Basses forums, part of the Gear Talk category; Is there any difference between these, or are they just different names for the same thing? I've seen all three ...

thedude is offline Registered User Newbie

Seafoam Green vs. Mint Green vs. Surf Green?

Is there any difference between these, or are they just different names for the same thing? I've seen all three in reference to the classic stingrays. I need to know because a friend of mine is ordering one, and she wants that original seafoam green on that first "torture" thread. I don't think there is an option to order the seafoam, so is surf green the same thing?

Musicman Nut is offline Registered User Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    Is there any difference between these, or are they just different names for the same thing? I've seen all three in reference to the classic stingrays. I need to know because a friend of mine is ordering one, and she wants that original seafoam green on that first "torture" thread. I don't think there is an option to order the seafoam, so is surf green the same thing?
    Mint Green and Surf Green are the same colors in reality, Seafoam in real life is yet a different color again.

kevins is offline Registered User Senior Member
    BP said that seafoam green and mint green were the same color...however...he didnt say why the name change....dun dun dun

however he did explain why they looked slightly different and that was due to a lighting change or something of the sort.
    Last edited by kevins; 02-10-2010 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevins View Post
    BP said that seafoam green and mint green were the same color...however...he didnt say why the name change....dun dun dun

however he did explain why they looked slightly different and that was due to a lighting change or something of the sort.
    I think the reason why all the confusion is this, when you talk old fender colors everyone assumes they we're only Fender colors, all through the 60's many companies used these colors, Car companies we're the first, that's we're Fender got them, EB loved these Pastel colors also, So I don't think it matters to what People call them other then no one wants their company to be linked to another.
    These are not Fender Colors, these are all Car colors from the 60's that Fender along with everyone else used.
    So BP probably changed the Name so they can create their own name for these great colors that will be reconized as Ernie Ball Music Man Color Names.
    Again I can only assume this is why he changed the names.

indeed! and it was a good idea as we live in an age of horrible lawsuits over very fickle things! i remember hearing that about the pastel colors being on the 50s cars, and remember fondly those colors.

indeed! and it was a good idea as we live in an age of horrible lawsuits over very fickle things! i remember hearing that about the pastel colors being on the 50s cars, and remember fondly those colors.
    So true, Great colors and yes Law Suits are over Stupid things, everybody doesn't want to earn their own money they'd rather sue you and get yours, Owning my own business and being down that road a few times I think I get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Musicman Nut View Post
    So true, Great colors and yes Law Suits are over Stupid things, everybody doesn't want to earn their own money they'd rather sue you and get yours, Owning my own business and being down that road a few times I think I get it now.
    sorry to hear that. at least however you didnt suffer the horror that i did when i was 17. i was sued for the following: i was with some friends at a party they were invited to but i wasnt. i walked in grabbed a piece of cake and headed towards the door, the homeowner, a 40 year old mother who was allowing her 19 year old son to have his buddies over to get plastered asked me who i was. i replied with "i am vengeance, i am the knight...i am batman" clearly quoting batman and she called the cops after i left. funny thing is that when me and my friends were sitting down for dinner she called us and told them to bring me back there so i could be arrested.

needless to say we didnt.

3 months later some kids at school turned me in cause they didnt like me

i did 5 days of community service had to pay 500$ for a lawyer to plead guilty, the states attourney wanted me to do jail time but the plea bargain stopped that. oh and to top it all off i got entered on the FBI criminal database next to murderers and thieves.

after 5 years i finally got that exsponged

on the plus side it did make a funny innacurate newspaper article pictured here

sorry to hear that. at least however you didnt suffer the horror that i did when i was 17. i was sued for the following: i was with some friends at a party they were invited to but i wasnt. i walked in grabbed a piece of cake and headed towards the door, the homeowner, a 40 year old mother who was allowing her 19 year old son to have his buddies over to get plastered asked me who i was. i replied with "i am vengeance, i am the knight...i am batman" clearly quoting batman and she called the cops after i left. funny thing is that when me and my friends were sitting down for dinner she called us and told them to bring me back there so i could be arrested.

needless to say we didnt.

3 months later some kids at school turned me in cause they didnt like me

i did 5 days of community service had to pay 500$ for a lawyer to plead guilty, the states attourney wanted me to do jail time but the plea bargain stopped that. oh and to top it all off i got entered on the FBI criminal database next to murderers and thieves.

after 5 years i finally got that exsponged

on the plus side it did make a funny innacurate newspaper article pictured here

Tax Payers money at work, gotta love it, Cake Bandit, OMG that's too funny.

DirtyHippie is offline Registered User Junior Member
    I have always been under the impression that the original surf green was actually sonic blue with a "yellowed/aged" clear coat. Yellow + Blue = Green.

Not sure of the accuracy, but it's something I've heard and read.
    Trans Orange SR5H 07/03/08
    Trans Teal SR5H Fretless 02/19/09
    25th Anniversary Bass 5HH 01/6/10
    Reflex 5H Rosewood Neck&Top/Brown Back 04/01/14

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHippie View Post
    I have always been under the impression that the original surf green was actually sonic blue with a "yellowed/aged" clear coat. Yellow + Blue = Green.

Not sure of the accuracy, but it's something I've heard and read.
    Nope that's wrong, There was a real surf Green with a real color Code, sonics did go green when the clear was all smoked out but many colors changed with Smoke.

Metropolis_488 is offline Registered User Newbie
    they are different. check out the re-ranch website for more info on classic instrument colors.

DirtyHippie is offline Registered User Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman Nut View Post
    Nope that's wrong, There was a real surf Green with a real color Code, sonics did go green when the clear was all smoked out but many colors changed with Smoke.
    Makes sense. Thanks for the info.
    Trans Orange SR5H 07/03/08
    Trans Teal SR5H Fretless 02/19/09
    25th Anniversary Bass 5HH 01/6/10
    Reflex 5H Rosewood Neck&Top/Brown Back 04/01/14

Aussie Mark is offline Registered User Senior Member
    Last edited by Aussie Mark; 02-10-2010 at 07:24 PM.
    Cheers
    Mark

2009 black/tort Big Al 4 SSS

My bands -
    Richard Madden band
    The Australian Rolling Stones Show
    The Volts
    Doors Alive

Aussie Mark is offline Registered User Senior Member

17yo and 275lbs? WTF!
    Cheers