Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

POd XT Live VS Vox Tonelabs XE

This is a discussion on POd XT Live VS Vox Tonelabs XE within the Music Man Guitars forums, part of the Gear Talk category; Hey guys if u guys have any feedback abou this two gadgets I'll really apreciate it. I'm Thinking of buying ...

MrHyde is offline Registered User Senior Member

POd XT Live VS Vox Tonelabs XE

Hey guys if u guys have any feedback abou this two gadgets I'll really apreciate it. I'm Thinking of buying one of this two but i'm not shure.... I was going to buy the pod xt live but I saw a thread in other forum and got me wondering.... I have heard some clips of the tonelab but if u have ur own stuff I really would like to hear it, and seems to be that the tonelab has more warmth.....dunno. What I like abou the POD is that the amount of amps and other Fxs stuff seems huge. One question in the pod u can change the setting for the pedal from volume to whatever it is capable of doing on the go right?? I ask cuz the tonelabs has 2 pedals and if the pod is capable of doing that then the 2 pedals are just less free space.
    What do u think guys?

By the way im into whatever type of music is around I like everything,but what I love is hard rock, metal sutff like that so a good Distortion ( like enter sandman's) is a must! and a solid rock lead sound too

Sigmunds Couch is offline Registered User Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHyde
    so a good Distortion ( like enter sandman's) is a must! and a solid rock lead sound too
    Enter Sandman was recorded with ADA-MP1's.
    Yay ME

Trans Purple EVH
    Gremlin Green Axis HH
    Trans Green Axis Sport HSS
    Mystic Dream Petrucci 6
    Emerald Green BFR JP Baritone
    20th A- Silo
    Dargie Delight Luke
    Lava Pearl Bongo 4 HH

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmunds Couch
    Enter Sandman was recorded with ADA-MP1's.
    What I meant is if I can get that type of dist with neither the tonelabs or the podxt live ( or something close to that dist)

tommyindelaware is offline Registered User Senior Member
    close w/ both....
    there was a long thread on this subject a few months ago......may wanna search.....
    tommy in delaware
    (renegade redneck hillbilly geetar player )
    life 's what happens while your busy makin plans
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tommyalderson/

Raz
    Raz is offline Registered User Senior Member
    Tonelab SE
    Most People Turn and Laugh When I Tell Them I Only Have 1/32" to Play With

beej is offline moderator
    Here's a good shoot-out of all the current modelers.

Personally I have the XT/Shortboard and love it. There's a guy on the Line 6 forum (He's Neil Diamond's guitar player) that builds a little gadget to tweak the tone of modelers, I've actually got one on order and I'll post a report when I get it.

With the XT, you can use another expression pedal in conjunction with the controller so you can have 2 pedals. And yeah, you can have them control effect parameters rather than just vol/wah.

dannymusic is offline Registered User Senior Member
    digitech GNX4- I've played the Line6, owned the Tonelab SE.

GNX4 is a total workstation w/ 8 track recorder, looper, real talkbox, whammy, MORPHING, and serious routing. Can put the magnetic pups and the piezo in on different feeds WITH effects, MP3 player, drum machine.

and righteous tones. ( they all have that). MAP=$499
    dannyMUSIC...mashing guitars since 1972

Spudmurphy is offline Registered User Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beej

Personally I have the XT/Shortboard and love it. There's a guy on the Line 6 forum (He's Neil Diamond's guitar player) that builds a little gadget to tweak the tone of modelers, I've actually got one on order and I'll post a report when I get it.

With the XT, you can use another expression pedal in conjunction with the controller so you can have 2 pedals. And yeah, you can have them control effect parameters rather than just vol/wah.
    Hey Beej
    Can you send me a link to that gadget please?

Also I would recommend the XT. I have the pod with the FBV shortboard,
    - gives me all the tones I want for a fair outlay - also I get set up very quickly.
    Experiment with it and build up your own bank of settings.
    Connect it to the computer via the usb and let Line 6 keep it up to date for you.
    The POD xt got me playing again after years of inactivity - and enjoying so much, I have a new guitar on order !!!!
    PM me if you want any info.
    Cheers
    Spud
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs
    6lb 1 oz VSB SSS Hardtail Albert Lee KTS Titanium saddles 2009; Red EVH Hardtail 1993;Mesa F50 Combo; Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;Fender BJ 15W;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

Sure thing Spud!

The guy's name is Hadley Hockensmith (aka "Radley")- really nice guy. He apparently uses his pod on tour with ND, etc. His little device is called the "Harmonic Converger" and the intent is to remove fizz from modelers in general and breathe some timbre back into the sound. I've talked to a few guys that have the gadget and they all seem to love it.

He's not a company and doesn't have a site for it, however here's a review of the unit on the Bossgtcentral site.

Thx man the article was awesome, I guess that the podxtl kicks the tonelab's ass in effects and software, preamps....well dunno yet have to hear it for myself, but what hooks me of the pod is the huge source of stuff that's out there. Now the digitech GNX3k sounds kinda promising too, cuz I'm not like a huge FX guy, I'm more interested in having some good sounding preamps than a bunch of FXs that I'll probably never use.... .But if the Xtl plugged into the atomic amp is as good as I have heard.... i guess i have a winner.....

Sigmunds Couch is offline Registered User Senior Member
    If you really want to have some fun, turn the cabinet emulator off and run the DI's out to a tube power amp and run it to your favorite 4x12 cab. Carvin TS100, Peavey 50/50 etc. You get the best of both worlds. The technology of the modeling portion of the preamp and the breathiness and whoomp of a tube power amp.

I run a Digitech 2120 Artist this way and it is awesome.
    Yay ME

Trans Purple EVH
    Gremlin Green Axis HH
    Trans Green Axis Sport HSS
    Mystic Dream Petrucci 6
    Emerald Green BFR JP Baritone
    20th A- Silo
    Dargie Delight Luke
    Lava Pearl Bongo 4 HH

Sure thing Spud!

The guy's name is Hadley Hockensmith (aka "Radley")- really nice guy. He apparently uses his pod on tour with ND, etc. His little device is called the "Harmonic Converger" and the intent is to remove fizz from modelers in general and breathe some timbre back into the sound. I've talked to a few guys that have the gadget and they all seem to love it.

He's not a company and doesn't have a site for it, however here's a review of the unit on the Bossgtcentral site.
    How the Hell I get one on those!!! I was earing some clips, its totally awesome!!

Sure thing Spud!

Thanks Beej
    have PM'd you for more info which maybe we can post to the forum.
    Thanks
    6lb 1 oz VSB SSS Hardtail Albert Lee KTS Titanium saddles 2009; Red EVH Hardtail 1993;Mesa F50 Combo; Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;Fender BJ 15W;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

Quote Originally Posted by MrHyde
    How the Hell I get one on those!!! I was earing some clips, its totally awesome!!
    you know what - I want one too!!
    Spud

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmunds Couch
    If you really want to have some fun, turn the cabinet emulator off and run the DI's out to a tube power amp and run it to your favorite 4x12 cab. Carvin TS100, Peavey 50/50 etc. You get the best of both worlds. The technology of the modeling portion of the preamp and the breathiness and whoomp of a tube power amp.

I run a Digitech 2120 Artist this way and it is awesome.
    I split my time going between the Pod into my Peavey 60/60 -> Marshall 4x12 and direct through a Peavey 120W keyboard amp.

Honestly, I like the sound of it through the keyboard amp much better (though not as loud!!!). Requires more tweaking to get everything right, but then I get more presence out of most of the sounds; they sound fuller. Plus, that way I can switch to the Piezo preset and get a killer acoustic sound without needing a separate amp for it. (Though the piezo sound is still a new thing for me, and I haven't used it live yet.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast