Whammy Bar Removal

This is a discussion on Whammy Bar Removal within the Music Man Guitars forums, part of the Gear Talk category; Alright as stupid as it sounds ive tried for the past hour and cant figer out how to remove the ...

Larry is offline Registered User Senior Member

Whammy Bar Removal

Alright as stupid as it sounds ive tried for the past hour and cant figer out how to remove the whammy bar ive got a erne ball music man axis any hints?

koogie2k is offline Registered User Senior Member
    I believe you have to go in the back, there should be an allen screw that keeps the bar in there....loosen it, out it goes.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. My JP's just pop out.....
    "Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

A WISE AND RESPECTED MAN TOLD ME:

"Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

GWDavis28 is offline Registered User Senior Member
    On my Axis all I do is just pull straight up, now that's for the vintage trem.

Did you put the trem bar in?

Glenn |B)

If I remember, he bought the flame top Axis with the locking Floyd.
    "Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

"Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

I'm pretty sure it works the same way, it's just held in with the detent on the end. Let me check out my wifes.

Glenn |B)

Nope I stand corrected. It's setup like the JP, as long as the set screw is tightened down.

Dude, you'll need to depress the trem arm and from the rear of the bridge loosen the set screw that holds the trem arm in place. I hope I got this right, I'm trying to remember from what others have said. My wifes a little bit touch about her Axis.

Hope this helps, and if I have it wrong someone please feel free to correct me.

Thanx, Glenn |B)

Thanks for the correction....I wasn't 100% sure.

Raz
    Raz is offline Registered User Senior Member
    What, on my JP I just pull...
    Most People Turn and Laugh When I Tell Them I Only Have 1/32" to Play With

blackspy is offline Registered User Senior Member
    You need to go in throught the spring cavity in the back, and loosen the screw. It is designed to be left on.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    What, on my JP I just pull...
    Yep. Just Pull me under

Quote Originally Posted by blackspy
    You need to go in throught the spring cavity in the back, and loosen the screw. It is designed to be left on.
    Thanx, I've never done it.

Raz, nope not on a JP on an Axis with a Floyd.

Glenn |B)

yeah well i was setting it up and it doesnt lay flat with it on after i set it up im going to leave it on always. I like how the case is made how you can leave the bar on and still close it how that for Ernie Ball inovation

blackspy is offline Registered User Senior Member
    I always thought that was one of the nicest 'little' things about the Axis. I always hated that routing, screw it on, play screw it off... put away. Leaving it on is much simpler.

If the trem isn't sitting flat after your setup, you likely just need to tighten the spring claw a little.

since this is my first guitar with floyd rose i took it to my local guitar tech saw how he did it so i can do it in the future