Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Morse and new Egnater EG5

This is a discussion on Morse and new Egnater EG5 within the Music Man Guitars forums, part of the Gear Talk category; Egnater EG5 in da house! (remixed clip) Edit: Here is the original clip showing the bad-ass new Egnater EG5 preamp ...

John Czajkowski is offline Registered User Senior Member

Morse and new Egnater EG5 (remixed clip)

Egnater EG5 in da house! (remixed clip)

Edit: Here is the original clip showing the bad-ass new Egnater EG5 preamp module, but I went back and took a hair off below 150 KHz with a gentle Q. I normally record with the cabs safely in the other room so I don't tweak myself, but as I was getting used to the new module the other night, I was within the killzone of one of my cabs...the ears were toast when I popped the clip up. This one is more to my liking and how the amp really sounds to me now.

Start Player
    Last edited by John Czajkowski; 12-03-2007 at 05:36 PM.

dougiefresh is offline Registered User Junior Member
    Great clip & great sounding module!
    I regret selling my Mod 50 more than any of the others.
    Guitars: 2002 EBMM Axis(Amber), GMW Savant #96(Silverburst)
    On order - EBMM JP6(White)
    Amps: Egnater Rebel
    Cab: Egnater 1x12
    Effects: Line 6 M13
    Cables: Dimarzio
    Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys
    Picks: Dunlop Jazz Tortex Sharp Heavy

banjoplayer is offline Registered User Senior Member
    Thank you, always like it
    SMOC-Member: blueburst Steve Morse Standard, Jan 03 2005, signed Aug 02 2008 & Nov 30 2010, pics
    ALOC-Member: pinkburst Albert Lee, Jul 13 1994, signed Mar 26 2009 & Mar 23 2014, pics

beej is offline moderator
    Great tone and great playing (as usual) John!

You should be doing up clips for the Egnater site

roburado is offline Registered User Senior Member
    Okay, when I get a Mod 50, I'm going to have to give that EG5 another look. Thanks, John!
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

Damn, that thing sounds good. Sounds like it has a really nice lead tone. I'd like to try one of those out sometime, but as far as I know there's no Egnater dealers around here.

-Phil

JeffreyB is offline Registered User Senior Member
    nice playing....great tones, too!
    MUSIC MAN AUTHORIZED DEALER
    check it out! http://www.yeoldemusicshop.com/

Trans Orange Quilt ASS Trem
    Red Quilt ASS w/Rosewood
    Pacific Blue Burst Axis
    White Sparkle Sterling 4H
    Pearl Blue Sterling 4HS
    Hand built Bilco Amplification
    Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0
    Ceriatone Overtone Special (Dumble Clone)

Quote Originally Posted by petruccirocks02 View Post
    Damn, that thing sounds good. Sounds like it has a really nice lead tone. I'd like to try one of those out sometime, but as far as I know there's no Egnater dealers around here.

-Phil
    There aren't very many dealers at all. You can get them at The Amp Lounge where the amps are made in Berkley, MI. You can also try Cowtown Guitars in Las Vegas, Boutique Guitar Exchange in Atlanta, and Indoor Storm in Raleigh, NC.

Contact info for the dealers: Egnater Amplification • History
    JP6 Pearl Redburst; 20th Anniversary Silhouette; Silhouette Special Las Vegas Gold; 2007 LE Bongo 4H; BFR JP6 Trans Ruby; AL MM90 Pacific Blue Burst; 2006 LE AL; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Maple Fretboard, Hardtail; 25th Anniversary Guitar Quilt, Rosewood Fretboard, Tremolo; DD2 BFR JP6; DD2 BFR GR; AL HH Black; Luke with Piezo, Black Sugar Roasted Maple; Steve Morse Y2D Darklord; Steve Morse Y2D, 2012 PDN; Armada, Black/Gold; Silhouette Special, Vintage Burst; JP13, 7-String

Butch Snyder is offline Registered User Senior Member
    Very nice meaty and organic tone. Sounded very powerful.
    - Butch Snyder

I've only heard the EG5 once before. IIRC it was with a JP with D-Sonic--2007LE, I think. It was a pre-production EG5, I think. It sounded kind of abrasive to me. This is much smoother. I don't know what changes, if any, were made to the EG5. I'm definitely interested to hear it again after hearing this clip.

John Czajkowski is offline Registered User Senior Member
    Thanks for checkin this one out.

Roburado, I tend to make things sound darker than they may sound in another player's hands due to how I hear things and then play. This channel is really sensitive and aggressive. It took me a few minutes to get it situated so it felt nice and comfy. You could easily take it over into that really squeally Zach Wild metal place or over into a darker and browner fusion thing...or somewhere politely in between as I am trying to show here.

beej is offline moderator
    Man I love that rhythm sounds John ... nice and mean.

glockaxis is offline Registered User Senior Member
    I enjoyed the clip as well. Another amp I'll have to ckeck out before I pluck down the cash and commit. Call me Fogman Jr.
    2005 Candy Red Luke II (11/29/05)
    Grey SUB1 (Da Beater)
    1996 Axis Blue Quilt

fsmith is offline Registered User Senior Member
    Very nice John. I had to go to the Indoor Storm site and check out the rest of the tones available. That is one very versatile amp. Very nice tones from many of the modules. With one head and six modules you could rule the world.
    Play Ball!!

Colin is offline Registered User Senior Member
    great stuff John
    Australian Music Man Dealer Contact us
    See Guitar Planet Videos Here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast