• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Mossback

I was wondering, does anyone have information about potential new finishes for the Silhouette and Silhouette Special?

I've been wanting to get one of those for a very long time, but the Snowy Night finish really isn't my cup of tea...

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
I was wondering, does anyone have information about potential new finishes for the Silhouette and Silhouette Special?

I've been wanting to get one of those for a very long time, but the Snowy Night finish really isn't my cup of tea...
The silhouette and silhouette special are not really being made anymore. Because they were historically so important they will never leave the website. Music Man are small company and can’t make instruments for stock to sit around and wait for dealers to want them, they only make what dealers have ordered. The production capability is maxed out with the more popular newer models and there is often a six to nine month lead time on those orders.

All this means that if you want a Silhouette or Silhouette Special, your best bet is to look on the used market. I suggest you set up a search on Reverb and when you save it you can set up email notification.

Mossback

The silhouette and silhouette special are not really being made anymore. Because they were historically so important they will never leave the website. Music Man are small company and can’t make instruments for stock to sit around and wait for dealers to want them, they only make what dealers have ordered. The production capability is maxed out with the more popular newer models and there is often a six to nine month lead time on those orders.

All this means that if you want a Silhouette or Silhouette Special, your best bet is to look on the used market. I suggest you set up a search on Reverb and when you save it you can set up email notification.
That's what a feared, looking at the Archives of EBMM's catalogs, but I was still hoping I was wrong.

What a sad finish to end a mythic guitar with. I haven't seen this Snowy Night finish on any amateur video/photo. So I am guessing very few people, if any, purchased that model. This probably furthered the decline of the Silos....

Sweat

That's what a feared, looking at the Archives of EBMM's catalogs, but I was still hoping I was wrong.

What a sad finish to end a mythic guitar with. I haven't seen this Snowy Night finish on any amateur video/photo. So I am guessing very few people, if any, purchased that model. This probably furthered the decline of the Silos....
Snowy White is an awesome color , I own one and so does a couple of other formites, I think part of the current problem is the Silo is only sold through EBMM not dealers, I almost did not buy mine because of that but wanted it bad enough to say what the hell!

Maybe this will change your mind

1OTZbEu.jpg
8doCPYP.jpg

GWDavis28

Mossback, I'd say pickup one used and have it repainted to what you want. I love the Silo Specials myself.

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom