• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DAVEBOR77

First of all, I apologize for my English.
Second maybe this is a stupid question.
I would like a multifunctional guitar that can cover various genres of music. I saw the Steve Morse model, the original one with 4 pickups, and I fell in love with it.
But I'm wondering if this model is geared only for rock, or if it can get away with other genres of music as well. Like jazz, blues, country.
If not, as a second alternative I would go for a Gibson Les Paul.

banjoplayer

It is very versatile!
The two Humbuckers will do sounds, that are compareable to a Les Paul.
The two single coils have their own voice, not really similar to a Strat or Tele as they are in different positions.
But it is definitely a multifunctional guitar built with superior quality

fbecir

Hello

With a Morse, you can do everything. If you know a bit Steve Morse with his own bands (Steve Morse Band, Dixie Dregs), you can hear that he plays every style known by man ... jazz, country, rock, ...

Iperfungus

Ciao and welcome!

If you're looking for versatility, a Les Paul is the very last guitar I would put my eyes on...
Consider that Steve Morse plays rock, country, blues, some kind of fusion (that's not Jazz, but...) and this should answer your question.

Last edited:

d_neufeld5150

Get it! You wont be disappointed! I majorly respect Mr Morse but his music isnt my style but his guitar is probly the most versatile ive ever had, i will suggest you get one with a single coil

beej

Personally I think it's the player not the guitar. I think you can play most styles with any guitar (and I still sound like me through any of mine).

That said, the Morse covers a ton of ground and it's definitely one of the more versatile guitars out there, and the neck is absolutely killer. It's also lighter, more well balanced, and easier to play than most LPs I've played. But I'd suggest spending time with one to see if it's for you. (Like any guitar, really.)

DAVEBOR77

I thank you for your opinions.
My only concern was that the sound was not full-bodied enough to cover some genres of music. But I see from your comments that it can cover

Top Bottom