• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Jim C

I wonder what the upcharge will be as building one off's has really got to slow down production.
I doubt this is possible but would REALLY LIKE to be able to custom order a lightweight SR!

zonkola

I'm guessing the CDE basses will cost a few hundred more than a stock bass with comparable specs, but perhaps one of our friends from EBMM can provide a more definitive answer?

Stephen

I'll be watching this!

Just to drop an idea: shipping the custom instruments together with the normal shipments via the national distributors to a dealership nearby would lower costs and still embed the one-offs in the already existing warranty and service network.

bradfordws

I wonder what the upcharge will be as building one off's has really got to slow down production.
I doubt this is possible but would REALLY LIKE to be able to custom order a lightweight SR!
I recently saw a "lava burst" Stingray Special on Reverb / Willcutt Guitars - spoke to someone there about this - said they ordered 15 in this finish. I guess they've been doing special runs for a while now - the Stingray that sold had a roasted maple neck and board - if this had been a rosewood board, I would have bought it. Price was $3199 - just a guess, but a CDE Stingray Special might be around the same price vs the standard price of $2499 - ??

midopa

Will this be expanded to Bongos at some point? Love all the new finishes. The Stingray Specials are great with all the improvements EBMM made, but the Bongos still just feel perfect for me.

sundar

BIt of a surprising move tbh. I remember back in the days when the management was not into the custom shop with customize every detail type of market for a regular customer. But obviously the times and the market are always changing. Would be curious to see how this works out.

Good luck EBMM.

tadawson

I just with they had all the pickup options that they used to . . . H, HH, HS, HHp, etc . . . I'm nowhere near as interested in just cosmetic options . . . .

Danish

I can't wait to see if natural finish also is going to be available. If so, I will be one of the first customers :)

WhtMtnGrv

I heard the launch date on this is April 1 - any news on this?
Some folks on Talkbass were able to get on early yesterday and place orders, but there were some options missing from the site. It ended up getting taken down shortly thereafter so we're all waiting for it to be put back up. There's a link to it that takes you to a password protected site, so they're probably cleaning it up before publishing it again.

Pineweasel

I can't wait to see if natural finish also is going to be available. If so, I will be one of the first customers :)
Some of the pictures from NAMM showed the colours and it certainly looked like there was a natural option

Top Bottom