• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Spudmurphy

I've owned musicman guitars almost 20 years now.
My biggest regret is not buying an original Sub guitar back in the day, when they were dirt cheap :( Boy they have shot up in price since.
Oh well, you live , you learn.

Ted

Forget the houses... I wish I'd bought several Bitcoins 10 years ago. The cost of both guitars and houses wouldn't be an issue. :)

I've owned musicman guitars almost 20 years now.
My biggest regret is not buying an original Sub guitar back in the day, when they were dirt cheap :( Boy they have shot up in price since.
Oh well, you live , you learn.
I can't speak to the SUB guitars, but the older SUB basses were not anywhere near as good as they are now. I bought a 2013 SUB 4 string. The pickup was overbearingly loud and overdrove the preamp which also was pretty lame. I changed the pickup and preamp and it turned into a great player. The newer ones are much better so maybe that helps justify the price increase. In 2013, I got the SUB 4 for $275. Now the Ray4s are selling for around $350, not a huge jump for 11 years difference.

beej

I can't speak to the SUB guitars, but the older SUB basses were not anywhere near as good as they are now. I bought a 2013 SUB 4 string. The pickup was overbearingly loud and overdrove the preamp which also was pretty lame. I changed the pickup and preamp and it turned into a great player. The newer ones are much better so maybe that helps justify the price increase. In 2013, I got the SUB 4 for $275. Now the Ray4s are selling for around $350, not a huge jump for 11 years difference.
The old SUBs were made by Musicman ... the Ray4 is made by Sterling by Music Man - different instrument. That's good praise for the SBMMs though.

kimonostereo

I sold my first year Luke I (no battery compartment) in blue pearl to a friend in order to put some money together for a house purchase. He put that guitar to good use and still uses it today. I purchased another Luke I in the exact same color but it's not quite the same…

Jalcom1

I feel for you. Ive been attending a hand clinic here in the UK these last 3 months. Boy what a difference. Hope things improve.
Thanks, Spud. I’m glad you’re seeing improvement. It sucks not being able to do things you love.

I’ve been working with the Mayo Clinic for over a year. They finally diagnosed me with CIDP in January. Basically, my immune system is destroying my nervous system. It should get better with treatment, however, insurance has been rejecting my treatment for 10 weeks and counting. I can barely string together a few chords right now. I’ve been selling my Luke’s out of frustration.

Sorry to derail what was intended to be a light hearted thread. I regret not buying several old guitars back in the 80’s and Apple stock in the late 90’s.

Spudmurphy

Thanks, Spud. I’m glad you’re seeing improvement. It sucks not being able to do things you love.

I’ve been working with the Mayo Clinic for over a year. They finally diagnosed me with CIDP in January. Basically, my immune system is destroying my nervous system. It should get better with treatment, however, insurance has been rejecting my treatment for 10 weeks and counting. I can barely string together a few chords right now. I’ve been selling my Luke’s out of frustration.

Sorry to derail what was intended to be a light hearted thread. I regret not buying several old guitars back in the 80’s and Apple stock in the late 90’s.
Good to talk about it. Mine was not as serious as your condition. Trigger fingers in the left hand, and DeQuervains Tenosynovitis in the right. Yup, it sure does get you down ... thanks for contributing to the thread.

Top Bottom