• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Mlab8

I had an issue using a stingray on where to put my thumb. I come from playing a p bass and feel lost. Therefore after many days of pondering on how to fix this…I’ve found a solution that works for me and wanted to share this. Step 1 buy a replacement pickguard to either use or save for later if needed. Step 2, use hot glue on a thumb rest and cut the heads of the screws off and glue them to the thumb rest as well. Step 3 glue the thumb rest to the pick guard.

Sounds obvious but it’s been bugging the you know what out of me. And other ideas would be great to hear….or should I say read.

Cheers,

mynan

Pics or it didn't happen. :LOL:

It was an adjustment for me when I got my first single H Stingray as well, but I eventually moved to the pickup and found that I actually prefer it. I've had quite a few HH Music Man basses since then and still play over the bridge pickup.

nebadon

I used P Bas from '75 to 2012 the got EBMM 4H 25TH Anniversary, Fender Ultra P 2019 and now a Stingray Special [2023]

Always Used E string as thumb rest now second nature [don't remember why] so never a problem for me:)

Top Bottom