• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

MisterBen

Greetings all.

Bit of friendly advice please...

Bought a MM Sabre in cobra burst, beautiful guitar it really is. It is also the most expensive instrument I have ever owned so I don't really have a reference point to compare it against, but at nearly £4,000 I would have assumed the finish would be absolutely perfect, flawless.

There is a small bump-bubble in the paint work however (as per pic). Am I being picky and fussy? Or would you not expect this on such a high end instrument?

Many thanks in advance, peace and love.

20240212_084318~2.jpg

20240212_084155~2.jpg

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Welcome to the forum family, @MisterBen !

If that's just the shape of the underlying wood, presumably due to the hand sanding process prior to finishing, and the paint is correctly adhered, I personally would not worry about it. If you can't live with it, ask the store you bought it from about their return policy.

If it's an actual bubble in the paint, that would be a warranty issue and again you should contact the store you bought it from and they'll make it right (presumably the options would be replacement or credit or refund if a suitable replacement is not available).

Feel free to contact Music Man customer service for advice too, but as far as I know for warranty issues in the UK the store is who you deal with.

MisterBen

Welcome to the forum family, @MisterBen !

If that's just the shape of the underlying wood, presumably due to the hand sanding process prior to finishing, and the paint is correctly adhered, I personally would not worry about it. If you can't live with it, ask the store you bought it from about their return policy.

If it's an actual bubble in the paint, that would be a warranty issue and again you should contact the store you bought it from and they'll make it right (presumably the options would be replacement or credit or refund if a suitable replacement is not available).

Feel free to contact Music Man customer service for advice too, but as far as I know for warranty issues in the UK the store is who you deal with.
@DrKev

Many thanks for such a speedy reply, and the advice! I think it is the wood tbh, feels kinda solid, not like a paint bubble would.

It also came with scratched pick ups under the protective film, but EB are sending me new pickups so it's all good ✌️

Thanks again.

wellens

Hi! I was interested in this topic because I am new and I see that you are also new to the forum, MisterBen. I'm just starting to dive into the world of guitar music and am still faced with a difficult choice. I play a classical Spanish guitar, but now I'm planning to buy myself an acoustic one. Which brand of acoustics for a beginner can you safely recommend?

Top Bottom