• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

niwelsh

Hey all,

Does anyone have any experience with the BFR Nitro Cutlass Classic '58? Im extremly interested in one of these but there is not a lot of info out there nor is there a lot of reviews. My main questions are:
How is the finish (does it feel like a custom shop strat or something in that vein or more like a production nitro like the fender Vintage II?)
Is the finish a true vintage style nitro or a poly finish with a thin nitro clear coat.
Will it wear and check like a NOS custom shop would?
Does it actually sound like a strat? I've played numerous other cutlasses and while they sound great, they don't really sound like a proper strat.

Thanks for any info. I would also love to just hear peoples thoughts on the guitar in general.

Thanks

jowilmei

I just purchased one that was extremely discounted. As far as I know they are a true nitro finish. The COA describes how checking is expected with this sort of finish. Be warned that the nitro neck is much less slick than the truoil ones.

The guitar is incredibly lightweight. It is so great to have a guitar that is sub 7 lbs.

I am pretty happy with mine thus far. Particularly because it deletes EBMMs noise gate circuit.

The traditional 3 knob layout is more in the way than ebmms 2 knob layout. Easy enough to swap pickguard.

I think any guitar with 3 single coils sounds like a strat, so I am not the person to answer that particular question.

Here is a used one for a great price. I called and apparently it only weighs 6 lbs. Could be a mistake on their part. Mine weighs 6.8 lbs.

jowilmei

I am not exactly treating it like a case queen despite it's premium pricetag. I want this to show it's age after a few years of being my only electric.

Top Bottom