• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

MrHyde

Hey guys if u guys have any feedback abou this two gadgets I'll really apreciate it. I'm Thinking of buying one of this two but i'm not shure.... I was going to buy the pod xt live but I saw a thread in other forum and got me wondering.... I have heard some clips of the tonelab but if u have ur own stuff I really would like to hear it, and seems to be that the tonelab has more warmth.....dunno. What I like abou the POD is that the amount of amps and other Fxs stuff seems huge. One question in the pod u can change the setting for the pedal from volume to whatever it is capable of doing on the go right?? I ask cuz the tonelabs has 2 pedals and if the pod is capable of doing that then the 2 pedals are just less free space.
What do u think guys?

By the way im into whatever type of music is around I like everything,but what I love is hard rock, metal sutff like that so a good Distortion ( like enter sandman's) is a must! and a solid rock lead sound too

MrHyde

Sigmunds Couch said:
Enter Sandman was recorded with ADA-MP1's.

What I meant is if I can get that type of dist with neither the tonelabs or the podxt live ( or something close to that dist)

beej

Here's a good shoot-out of all the current modelers.

Personally I have the XT/Shortboard and love it. There's a guy on the Line 6 forum (He's Neil Diamond's guitar player) that builds a little gadget to tweak the tone of modelers, I've actually got one on order and I'll post a report when I get it.

With the XT, you can use another expression pedal in conjunction with the controller so you can have 2 pedals. And yeah, you can have them control effect parameters rather than just vol/wah.

dannymusic

digitech GNX4- I've played the Line6, owned the Tonelab SE.

GNX4 is a total workstation w/ 8 track recorder, looper, real talkbox, whammy, MORPHING, and serious routing. Can put the magnetic pups and the piezo in on different feeds WITH effects, MP3 player, drum machine.

and righteous tones. ( they all have that). MAP=$499

Spudmurphy

beej said:

Personally I have the XT/Shortboard and love it. There's a guy on the Line 6 forum (He's Neil Diamond's guitar player) that builds a little gadget to tweak the tone of modelers, I've actually got one on order and I'll post a report when I get it.

With the XT, you can use another expression pedal in conjunction with the controller so you can have 2 pedals. And yeah, you can have them control effect parameters rather than just vol/wah.
Hey Beej
Can you send me a link to that gadget please?

Also I would recommend the XT. I have the pod with the FBV shortboard,
- gives me all the tones I want for a fair outlay - also I get set up very quickly.
Experiment with it and build up your own bank of settings.
Connect it to the computer via the usb and let Line 6 keep it up to date for you.
The POD xt got me playing again after years of inactivity - and enjoying so much, I have a new guitar on order !!!!
PM me if you want any info.
Cheers
Spud

beej

Sure thing Spud!

The guy's name is Hadley Hockensmith (aka "Radley")- really nice guy. He apparently uses his pod on tour with ND, etc. His little device is called the "Harmonic Converger" and the intent is to remove fizz from modelers in general and breathe some timbre back into the sound. I've talked to a few guys that have the gadget and they all seem to love it.

He's not a company and doesn't have a site for it, however here's a review of the unit on the Bossgtcentral site.

MrHyde

beej said:

Thx man the article was awesome, I guess that the podxtl kicks the tonelab's ass in effects and software, preamps....well dunno yet have to hear it for myself, but what hooks me of the pod is the huge source of stuff that's out there. Now the digitech GNX3k sounds kinda promising too, cuz I'm not like a huge FX guy, I'm more interested in having some good sounding preamps than a bunch of FXs that I'll probably never use.... .But if the Xtl plugged into the atomic amp is as good as I have heard.... i guess i have a winner.....

Sigmunds Couch

If you really want to have some fun, turn the cabinet emulator off and run the DI's out to a tube power amp and run it to your favorite 4x12 cab. Carvin TS100, Peavey 50/50 etc. You get the best of both worlds. The technology of the modeling portion of the preamp and the breathiness and whoomp of a tube power amp.

I run a Digitech 2120 Artist this way and it is awesome.

MrHyde

beej said:
Sure thing Spud!

The guy's name is Hadley Hockensmith (aka "Radley")- really nice guy. He apparently uses his pod on tour with ND, etc. His little device is called the "Harmonic Converger" and the intent is to remove fizz from modelers in general and breathe some timbre back into the sound. I've talked to a few guys that have the gadget and they all seem to love it.

He's not a company and doesn't have a site for it, however here's a review of the unit on the Bossgtcentral site.
How the Hell I get one on those!!! I was earing some clips, its totally awesome!!

Spudmurphy

beej said:
Sure thing Spud!

Thanks Beej
have PM'd you for more info which maybe we can post to the forum.
Thanks

beej

Sigmunds Couch said:
If you really want to have some fun, turn the cabinet emulator off and run the DI's out to a tube power amp and run it to your favorite 4x12 cab. Carvin TS100, Peavey 50/50 etc. You get the best of both worlds. The technology of the modeling portion of the preamp and the breathiness and whoomp of a tube power amp.

I run a Digitech 2120 Artist this way and it is awesome.

I split my time going between the Pod into my Peavey 60/60 -> Marshall 4x12 and direct through a Peavey 120W keyboard amp.

Honestly, I like the sound of it through the keyboard amp much better (though not as loud!!!). Requires more tweaking to get everything right, but then I get more presence out of most of the sounds; they sound fuller. Plus, that way I can switch to the Piezo preset and get a killer acoustic sound without needing a separate amp for it. (Though the piezo sound is still a new thing for me, and I haven't used it live yet.)

Spudmurphy

Jonny Dubai said:
tone lab for me-------- just cause i use a valvetronix :p
I've been playing thro my mates Valvetronix 60 watt combo and it sure is a great amp. So much so that another buddy who was with me at the time has put one on top of his list to Santa - and his missus has agreed to get it for him.

Only problem was that when we did a side by side comparrison with my Marshall 50, the Vox was a LOT quieter.

Even so a great amp worth considering.

Jonny Dubai

Spudmurphy said:
I've been playing thro my mates Valvetronix 60 watt combo and it sure is a great amp. So much so that another buddy who was with me at the time has put one on top of his list to Santa - and his missus has agreed to get it for him.

Only problem was that when we did a side by side comparrison with my Marshall 50, the Vox was a LOT quieter.

Even so a great amp worth considering.

I know what you mean. Gotta make sure you have the switch on the back is set to 60w and the vol and master are on 11!

I love it and think it has great feel. The ones with the vox vintage look are much better, the silver ones dont have all the feachers.

Top Bottom