• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Larry

Alright as stupid as it sounds ive tried for the past hour and cant figer out how to remove the whammy bar ive got a erne ball music man axis any hints?

koogie2k

I believe you have to go in the back, there should be an allen screw that keeps the bar in there....loosen it, out it goes.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. My JP's just pop out..... :cool:

GWDavis28

On my Axis all I do is just pull straight up, now that's for the vintage trem.

Did you put the trem bar in?

Glenn |B)

GWDavis28

I'm pretty sure it works the same way, it's just held in with the detent on the end. Let me check out my wifes.

Glenn |B)

GWDavis28

Nope I stand corrected. It's setup like the JP, as long as the set screw is tightened down.

Dude, you'll need to depress the trem arm and from the rear of the bridge loosen the set screw that holds the trem arm in place. I hope I got this right, I'm trying to remember from what others have said. My wifes a little bit touch about her Axis.

Hope this helps, and if I have it wrong someone please feel free to correct me.

Thanx, Glenn |B)

blackspy

You need to go in throught the spring cavity in the back, and loosen the screw. It is designed to be left on.

GWDavis28

blackspy said:
You need to go in throught the spring cavity in the back, and loosen the screw. It is designed to be left on.

Thanx, I've never done it. :)

Raz, nope not on a JP on an Axis with a Floyd.

Glenn |B)

Larry

yeah well i was setting it up and it doesnt lay flat with it on after i set it up im going to leave it on always. I like how the case is made how you can leave the bar on and still close it how that for Ernie Ball inovation

blackspy

I always thought that was one of the nicest 'little' things about the Axis. I always hated that routing, screw it on, play screw it off... put away. Leaving it on is much simpler.

If the trem isn't sitting flat after your setup, you likely just need to tighten the spring claw a little.

Larry

since this is my first guitar with floyd rose i took it to my local guitar tech saw how he did it so i can do it in the future

Jim Mullen Tate

Actually, nope. Not sure what you have but the Ernie Ball MusicMan Axis is not something to Just Pull. God I wish it were. I am in the practicing stage of playing some blues/jazz and just don't need that "dive bomb" bar there, and I'm finding it totally impossible to remove. I unscrewed the tiny screw that's on the side of the bar itself, up front, then unscrewed the back and trying taking it out that way, but there's no screw-entry there to remove it, and again, Just Pulling is a nice way to ruin this here Ax. I really, truly wish there was someone here who know how to unscrew this thing.

dibart77

Holy thread revival 11 years later! Guys, there are different versions of trems over the years:

• Virtually all versions of the vintage trem have a pop-in, pop-out trem arm. You just pull up on it to remove it.
  • The EBMM licensed Floyd Rose since the beginning and up until ~2011 the trem arm is not removable without undoing an allen screw.
  • The new EBMM licensed Floyd Rose since ~2011 when the Axis Tributes came out has a pop-in, pop-out trem arm.
  • AFAIK all JP trems have a pop-in, pop-out trem arm.
  • The new V-shaped palm-guard trem (based on the Majesty trem) in the Majesty, St. Vincent, Stingray, and Cutlass all have a pop-in, pop-out trem arm.
  • Not sure about the Floyd Rose® brand 1000 Series ProJP16 ... Haven't seen one in person. I believe it has knurled knob you need to unscrew to remove the bar. Can anybody confirm?

Nice overview!!! greatly appreciated. As some of you may have read, i´m dealing with a silhouette special that came with a stuck pop-in-out them bar (solved) and an alternative wiring... the challenge: put it back to original...

PeteDuBaldo

Holy thread revival 11 years later! Guys, there are different versions of trems over the years:

• Virtually all versions of the vintage trem have a pop-in, pop-out trem arm. You just pull up on it to remove it.
  • The EBMM licensed Floyd Rose since the beginning and up until ~2011 the trem arm is not removable without undoing an allen screw.
  • The new EBMM licensed Floyd Rose since ~2011 when the Axis Tributes came out has a pop-in, pop-out trem arm.
  • AFAIK all JP trems have a pop-in, pop-out trem arm.
  • The new V-shaped palm-guard trem (based on the Majesty trem) in the Majesty, St. Vincent, Stingray, and Cutlass all have a pop-in, pop-out trem arm.
  • Not sure about the Floyd Rose® brand 1000 Series ProJP16 ... Haven't seen one in person. I believe it has knurled knob you need to unscrew to remove the bar. Can anybody confirm?

To confirm what Jeff says about the JP16 with the Floyd Rose® brand 1000 Series Pro, it does indeed have a knurled knob that you can unscrew to remove the arm.

Here's a pic of the JP16 we just got in

attachment.php

JP16TremArm.jpg

Top Bottom