• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

CodeMonkey

InHouse Code Slave
Hello all! I'm doing what I can to fix some bugs and such around the forums and on ernieball.com and the Music Man website. We just moved to a shiny new server and while most everything is running great, small things may have missed our attention. If you do find a problem with the forums or the site, please leave me a note here so I can pounce on the bugs and groom them right out of the website.

tommyindelaware

greetings code monkey......
u sure got alot of post 4 a new guy !!!!!

i have suddenly had to keep logging back on all the time....even if i simply use the refresh button. it just started happening.......& nothing has been changed on my end.......
mabey a bug ??????
diggin the speed !!!!

thanks,
tommy alderson

CodeMonkey said:
Hello all! I'm doing what I can to fix some bugs and such around the forums and on ernieball.com and the Music Man website. We just moved to a shiny new server and while most everything is running great, small things may have missed our attention. If you do find a problem with the forums or the site, please leave me a note here so I can pounce on the bugs and groom them right out of the website.

Philip

hi, I would suggest to check the calendar it stopped working months ago, also a little update on models and colors on the MM site would be awesome,

peace,

Philip

CodeMonkey

InHouse Code Slave
Hi Phillip, I addressed this in the calendar thread, but to save people surfing looking for it, I'll mention it again. "calendar.php" as a file is a known Apache exploit and as such is blocked by security on our end. It's never really going to work again. When I have less on my plate I'll whip up a calendar script for the forum users.

Yeah tommy, this new server is hauling ass. I love it so far. If you keep having problems with it not seeing you logged in, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts your browser security is set in such a way that it's not accepting the login cookie from the forums. Post me a pm with what type of browser you use and I'll help you trouble shoot this.

Philip

thanks Code Monkey, yeah I didn't notice the calendar thread, sorry for bothering you.

BTW cool avatar :D:D

CodeMonkey

InHouse Code Slave
It's never a problem Phillip! I'm here to help after all. Keep them bugs coming. CodeMonkeys can never groom enough bugs.

bovinehost

Administrator
I just want to see a bigger version of your avatar and then I'll shut right up because things are moving FAST around these parts.

Nice work, Mr Monkey....or, do I know you well enough to call you Code?

GWDavis28

One thing that I noticed with the new build of forum software that the Private Message notifier doesn't always display when you have a PM. I'm using Mozilla build 1.0.7 if it helps.

Thanx, Glenn |B)

Philip

hey CodeMonkey, I've started to have same problems as Tommy, when I refresh the site I have to log in again, I haven't changed anything in the browser, but if you have any tips then shoot, I have internet explorer and win xp service pack 2,

thanks,
Philip

skabassist13

CodeMonkey,
Who ever came up with the idea of editing posts without having to go to the advanced page deserves a pat on the back. If it was you, good job. If not please pass along my compliments to the person who came up with or programmed that idea.

CodeMonkey

InHouse Code Slave
Sorry all, CodeMonkey moved to the new digs before everyone else. I've been gettting used to my new habitat and only today got access to the forums and site. I'll be peeking at the problems you have mentioned asap and I'll let you know what I figure out.

Skabassist, I didn't do anything, so it was probably chewie. Glad it's working out for you.

CodeMonkey

InHouse Code Slave
Chewie is pretty handy to have around, ESPECIALLY if you are ever encased in Carbonite.

But remember. Let the Wookie win.

bovinehost

Administrator
C-Monkey:

I have lost my ability to physically remove posts. I can delete them but the evidence of my evil doings is there for everyone to see. I used to be able to delete posts, threads, etc, and then magically cause them to be invisible.

Having that "deleted by bovinehost" thing really mucks up my veil of secrecy.

Can I have that back? Do you know where you put it?

Thanks,

Jack

Dargin

Ernie Ball Customer Service
I'm not gonna let the wookie win tonight in pool. Just think Wookies drink rasberry Smirnoff.........

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

InHouse Code Slave
Probably something that came from upgrading the forums bovine. If I can't figure out what happened, I'll just set it to put a big flashing animated gif with the dancing banana that says "Deleted by Bovinehost".

tommyindelaware

after weeks of exhaustive search , study , & trouble shooting...........i have found the problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the remember me box was unchecked..............:D :D :D :D

tommyindelaware said:
greetings code monkey......
u sure got alot of post 4 a new guy !!!!!

i have suddenly had to keep logging back on all the time....even if i simply use the refresh button. it just started happening.......& nothing has been changed on my end.......
mabey a bug ??????
diggin the speed !!!!

thanks,
tommy alderson

Top Bottom