• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Beth

Hi Everyone,

Please keep your eyes peeled for any internet sale auctions for the following instruments:

Serial # Model description

E53605 StingRay 5 in black, rosewood non-matching headstock, black p/g
E55530 30th Anniversary StingRay model
G32152 Silhouette Special HSS w/trem, vintage sunburst, maple non-match, white pearl p/g
G32158 Petrucci 6-string, Pearl Redburst, rosewood non-matching no inlays
G32215 Silhouette HSH with tremolo in white, rosewood matching headstock, black p/g

If anyone finds any information about these instruments at all or even if you see a group of them on Ebay under one seller, please PM me. These are STOLEN goods.

Thank you so much for your help, everyone.
All the best,
Beth

Beth

They were new from the factory.

-Beth

Last edited by a moderator:

Beth

Hi Everyone,

Noone knows for sure exactly where they disappeared from, but we do know that they did not get stolen out of San Luis Obispo. It was probably more like the Los Angeles area.

-Beth

Beth

Hi Everyone,

I said on the guitar side about the stolen instruments that IMO the person who stole the instruments didn't even know what they were stealing, it was just stuff to steal. Keep an eye out for pawn shops in the LA area...

Hi Joel, the Petrucci that got stolen didn't have the special JP inlays, but does have the standard dots.... duh.... ;) :D ;) :D

-Beth

shamus63

So far, I've posted this at the BadAssBassPlayer and Y&T/Meniketti forums.

I'm going to follow up with CraigsList San Francisco and Harmony-Central, as well as mySpace Bulletins (once the bulletin page is back up and running).

For those in other CraigsList areas (especially in the SoCal area; L.A. is already covered), maybe a forumite from each main area can post the link to this thread.

The more coverage, the better!

Last edited:

bovinehost

Administrator
Done, plus I cleaned up the thread a bit. Just try and keep it uncluttered, boys and girls.

Death to thieves.

Jack

Beth

Thanks again for your help everyone!

Also check Santa Barbara area sales...

-Beth

Beth

*bump*

Ok, revision:

It was not actually a 30th Anniversary StingRay that went missing -- we found that one. The one that is actually missing is a SUB 4-string, serial #X15236, an active one in Textured Red with a diamond plate pickguard.

Also, keep your eyes peeled on the Central Coast up there -- it seems now that the instruments must have sprouted legs and walked away in that part of California, rather than the LA area.

Thank you everyone!
-Beth

davidwh2

i can check around on ebay and stuff but im sure everyone is doing that already. unfortunately i live all the way in south FL so i dont think they would have made it to any of the pawn shops down here.

fresnorich

I wonder if this guy might know something about these missing instruments:

Music store owner accused of stealing instruments worth $150,000
By Leslie Griffy
Mercury News

A man planning to use stolen instruments to open his own music store was arrested in Ceres, Calif., after an investigation led by Peninsula police departments, Palo Alto Sgt. Sandra Brown said.

Police recovered $150,000 in high-end guitars and violins at a soon-to-be-opened music store in the Central Valley town of Delano run by Dennis Keith Lloyd, 36, of McFarland, according to Brown.

Officers believe Lloyd is responsible for at least eight burglaries of music stores throughout Northern California and Nevada.

A Aug. 5 burglary at the Peninsula Music Store on El Camino Real in Palo Alto started the investigation. That night, according to police, Lloyd stole 25 high-end guitars worth $44,000.

As Palo Alto police looked into the case, they discovered similar thefts at music stores in San Jose, Mountain View, San Carlos and Livermore. The instruments stolen from those stores were worth about $96,000.

Working with the other departments in the case, investigators narrowed in on Lloyd. After arresting him in Ceres, they uncovered his plans for the music store, according to Brown.

At Lloyd's store in Delano, police said they found about $100,000 in stole property, mostly from the Bay Area stores. Also there were guitars and violins stolen from businesses in Reno and Dublin, Brown said.

Officers booked Lloyd into Santa Clara County Jail on suspicion of burglary and conspiracy to commit burglary.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/15686470.htm

Musicman Nut

I wonder if this guy might know something about these missing instruments:

Music store owner accused of stealing instruments worth $150,000
By Leslie Griffy
Mercury News

A man planning to use stolen instruments to open his own music store was arrested in Ceres, Calif., after an investigation led by Peninsula police departments, Palo Alto Sgt. Sandra Brown said.

Police recovered $150,000 in high-end guitars and violins at a soon-to-be-opened music store in the Central Valley town of Delano run by Dennis Keith Lloyd, 36, of McFarland, according to Brown.

Officers believe Lloyd is responsible for at least eight burglaries of music stores throughout Northern California and Nevada.

A Aug. 5 burglary at the Peninsula Music Store on El Camino Real in Palo Alto started the investigation. That night, according to police, Lloyd stole 25 high-end guitars worth $44,000.

As Palo Alto police looked into the case, they discovered similar thefts at music stores in San Jose, Mountain View, San Carlos and Livermore. The instruments stolen from those stores were worth about $96,000.

Working with the other departments in the case, investigators narrowed in on Lloyd. After arresting him in Ceres, they uncovered his plans for the music store, according to Brown.

At Lloyd's store in Delano, police said they found about $100,000 in stole property, mostly from the Bay Area stores. Also there were guitars and violins stolen from businesses in Reno and Dublin, Brown said.

Officers booked Lloyd into Santa Clara County Jail on suspicion of burglary and conspiracy to commit burglary.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/15686470.htm

KILL ALL THEIVES, There's no room on this earth for them.

Beth

Unfortunately for them, a lot of theives are really stupid, like the aforementioned guy who was going to start a music store with stolen goods. What a dumba$$! ahahahahahahah

Beth

Thanks for the lead, Hunter! Welcome to the forum, too! 1st post!

Hunter6

Yeah, I came over here just to look around, and saw that post, so I checked ebay real quick, and saw that.

Thanks for the welcome, though.

SteveB

Beth,

Your original post says the JP6 was non-matching headstock. The photos on that eBay auction show a JP6 with matching headstock. Now, it might still be worth getting the serial number anyway because the images could be pilfered as well.

Top Bottom