• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Colin

I had the privilege of seeing John Petrucci with Dave Larue last night. Both Simon and I ended up being seated front row with John right in front only meters away. That new JP is phenomenal, anyone that has doubted that project should give themselves an upper cut. Unbelievable sound and looks awesome! Special thanks to Simon for shouting me a ticket, you're a good friend. Bring on the BFR!

mcvinyl

That new JP is phenomenal, anyone that has doubted that project should give themselves an upper cut. Unbelievable sound and looks awesome!

I second that comment. What a beautiful guitar. It was amazing how good it looked and sounded, especially when compared to the other brand of guitars on show last night.

Petrucci was killer as you would expect. LaRue was a machine, I've always been a big Sheehan fan but last night LaRue was all over him.

I remember looking at the Petrucci and thinking to myself how lucky we are to have the team at EB making such beautiful guitars, guitars that we can walk into a shop and buy, knowing that it's just the same as these mega stars own guitars.

All of you guys in the rest of Aus that are waiting to see them - enjoy. It was well worth it. My only disapointment was that they didn't do a clinic here in Brisbane, that will be an amazing experience for you.

Simon

Jvision

What are the specs on this new prototype??? It does look outstanding, it also looks like the carved out part where the arm rests is not there like on the original JP's.

Colin

2006_09-18_jp_proto_full-1.jpg

KpBasser

He played a medallion gold HH Bongo for the JP set and for Satriani and played the blue dawn HS and red Bongo. I may have the names of the colors wrong but you get the gist...

Let me get this straight, The mighty Dave Larue played with JP and then had something left in the tank to play with Satch as well! I must say that must have been an awesome sight to see. oh yeah don't rub it in that you were in the front row as well. Hope you enjoyed it,I know I would have.

slukather

Hi Colin,

Glad you had a great time seeing Petrucci live, a mate of mine wanted me to go, but nothing but instrumentals all night = snooze fest, maybe if they had a bar or something l might of gone.

I had tickets to go see Petrucci/LaRue clinic here in Melbourne, but didn't go, as l've been flat out at work, and l couldn't be bothered driving to the other side of the city, I wanted to see Dave Larue play, but not a really big fan of Petrucci, and not really interested in his playing.

Scott.

Colin

Hi Colin,

Glad you had a great time seeing Petrucci live, a mate of mine wanted me to go, but nothing but instrumentals all night = snooze fest, maybe if they had a bar or something l might of gone.
I think the appeal of G3 for many is the short sets (45 mins each). I'm not a Dream Theater fan but after seeing JP, Dave Larue and of course a EBMM prototype it was well worth it. JP doing his solo music is definitely worth checking out...

slukather

I think the appeal of G3 for many is the short sets (45 mins each). I'm not a Dream Theater fan but after seeing JP, Dave Larue and of course a EBMM prototype it was well worth it. JP doing his solo music is definitely worth checking out...

I dig some of DT's music, but JP's solo album wasn't to my liking, so there was really not point going. Plus l'm not interested in instrumental music, l'd rather hear singing than some dude shredding over the top of a perfectly good song.

Scott.

jappy

It was my first concert I'd ever been to.

It was loud.

It was awesome.

The Bongo sounded really big. Didn't know bass could sound so huge. Having such a great player like Dave LaRue behind one sort of helps too!

Seeing JP play live with Mike Portnoy was a dream come true. Mike Portnoy said hopefully we might see Dream Theater next year. Fingers crossed!

scottbass71

Yeah I went to the Larue Petrucci clinic in Melbourne it was fantastic the guys were great answering all the questions asked and cracking heaps of jokes thanks EB, CMC Music and Billy Hydes for organizing a great night

scott

Top Bottom