• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

DThrasher667

Hello all, I just bought a Musicman Axis and was wondering how their dating system worked. My Serial Number is: G06841

Thanks,
Thrasher

Jimi D

The secret is that there's no secret... The numbering system is relatively linear - each guitar gets the next number as it comes off the line. Jon works for EB/MM and has access to their serial number database, so he can check to see when your guitar was entered into it - that's your guitar's birthday. But the best the rest of us can do is compare your serial number with others and guesstimate when yours was made based on the known birthdates of other guitars with serial numbers in the same range...

DThrasher667

Well, that's truly cool! Thanks! My Birthday is July 20th, my Mother's is July 23rd, and I think my Uncle's is July 22nd. How cool is that!

dlloyd

Jimi D said:
The secret is that there's no secret... The numbering system is relatively linear - each guitar gets the next number as it comes off the line. Jon works for EB/MM and has access to their serial number database, so he can check to see when your guitar was entered into it - that's your guitar's birthday. But the best the rest of us can do is compare your serial number with others and guesstimate when yours was made based on the known birthdates of other guitars with serial numbers in the same range...

Take a look over at the bass forum. Rod Trussbroken, one of the mods there has assembled a database of serial numbers with dates of manufacture and other information. It's getting to be a veritable mine of information. If I was buying a used Stingray I'd take the database with me confident that I could use it to date the instrument usually within a month of manufacture and to let me know whether the hardware was all stock.

Presently Gav (Rod Trussbroken) has only assimilated the info for MusicMan basses, being a bassist himself. Perhaps someone here should take it upon theirselves to get in touch with him re setting up a similar resource for MM guitars. There's bound to be someone fanatical enough about MMs here...

Jos Way

Musicman Axis, serial G06203

Hello,

Due to a car-accident, my Ax(is) has been damaged...

What I would like to know (for insurance purposes) is how old she is (serial G06203), how much my axis is worth when it's was in good shape today and how much a new necks costs?
Can anyone help me, please? :(
Here in The Netherland, we have fine guitar builders to take care of my baby so I'm certain it will be alright, eventually.

Thanx in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom